Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I tried to take this game for a spin last night and ran into four questions:

1) what happens when you enter or move through a hex with shoals? I didn't see anything about it in the rules

1.5) what happens if you move onto an unexplored hex? I assume you would roll for the occupied hex? Do I need to assign someone to scan horizon to see what is on my hex?

2) When and how do you determine wind direction? When finding a large island you are supposed to use the adjacent hex in the direction of wind. Does this just mean 'roll a die and use the chart next to weather watch?

3) When assigning sailors to both movement and tacking will you take one hull damage regardless of weather conditions? If I am reading this correctly it means that during a storm there should be no reason to ever assign someone to tacking. You will be uncontrolled regardless, can assign one to movement to prevent one damage to hull, but get another damage no matter what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.