Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Blue stained insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I ordered an insert from the broken token and I stained it with blue wood stain, and thought I might put up a few pictures:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I m probably going to buy one for each deluxe box in the future, and put all character cards in the main box and each cycle scenario cards in each of their respective deluxe box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Whitford
msg tools
mbmbmb
It looks really good, although I believe if this follows the FFG LCG trend the deluxe boxes will be smaller, and I don't think there's a broken token insert for their size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Loblaw wrote:
I m probably going to buy one for each deluxe box in the future, and put all character cards in the main box and each cycle scenario cards in each of their respective deluxe box...

I was planning the same storage plan as you - but am holding off on another order until we find out the size of the deluxe expansions. Fingers crossed for same size!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
PS - looks really cool - will totally be staining mine now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Horn
United States
Rush
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What brand of stain did you use? It looks very good. I enjoy the color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is the stain I used:

Hmm... I kinda took for granted the deluxe boxes would be the same size...
But if I remember correctly, most other LCGs had bigger core sets, and their deluxe boxes where the size of AH LCG, no?
I have a hard time thinking they would have an even smaller footprint. And the pictures of dunwich show it square, does any know if FFG have a smaller square standard box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Here is the stain I used:

Hmm... I kinda took for granted the deluxe boxes would be the same size...
But if I remember correctly, most other LCGs had bigger core sets, and their deluxe boxes where the size of AH LCG, no?
I have a hard time thinking they would have an even smaller footprint. And the pictures of dunwich show it square, does any know if FFG have a smaller square standard box?

See - that's what I thought too. FINGERS CROSSED! We shall find out in a couple weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game of Thrones is the same size as Arkham Horror, and unfortunately the deluxe boxes are all smaller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG introduced the new core box size with Warhammer Conquest (same time they moved to clamshell packaging for the monthly expansions), this isn't the same size box as the deluxe expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Correia
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but the deluxe expansions are, and have always been, smaller than core set boxes. This goes for the new size cores as well. You can see that throughout Conquest and Game of Thrones Second Edition. And not only are they smaller but with Thrones they are made much thinner like large tuckboxes. They've never been designed as storage for cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawk Strike
msg tools
The LotR LCG expansion boxes are smaller than the Arkham Horror Core Set box, even though the LotR Core Set box is larger than the Arkham Horror core set box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah well, seems like I'm gonna have to pull out the foam core for the deluxe boxes then
Unless someone release an insert for that format..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Ah well, seems like I'm gonna have to pull out the foam core for the deluxe boxes then

You can of course do as you want, but deluxe boxes are not good for storing. You cannot fit cards vertically, so the best you can do is make four separate stacks...which will barely hold the sleeved deluxe itself (even if you do not sleeve you will not be able to fit the whole cycle).

Throw the box away and use something else. I use a cheap cardboard box for magic cards and such. It is by far the cheapest (7 usd), easy access, and super easy to add expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Smith
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Ah well, seems like I'm gonna have to pull out the foam core for the deluxe boxes then :)

The deluxe boxes almost definitely won't be able to be used for storage.

They are now made from paper (definitely not card or cardboard) and have no lid. They open at the side and the cards are down the middle.

I can't find pics or an unboxing vid that actually unboxes (rather than card reviews) to show you, but you will almost certainly need a self contained storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.