5 Posts

Targi: Die Erweiterung» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Which happens first, the robber effect or a tribal card effect if the card effect says "at the beginning of a round"? (The card that says: "Gain one good of your choice if you possess fewer than four goods at the beginning of a round"

2. In the beginning of the game the setup says that "the top card of the tribe deck is revealed". What does this mean? Can you get that card using the Tribal expansion OR is it just information that one of the new tribe cards will be that card? Something else?

I'm confused since the base game didn't have a tribe card visible and it is not further explained in the expansion rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

regarding question 1: You discard wares until you have 10 of them after your actions. Then the robbery/raid takes place. After that the effect of the tribal card happens.

Question 2: I have the german rulebook, at the beginning of the game you discard a tribal card as shown on the picture in the rulebook. Some tribal/dune cards affect discarded tribal cards.

EDIT: Typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Hi,

regarding question 1: You discard wares until you have 10 of them after your actions. Then the robbery/raid takes place. After that the effect of the tribal card happens.

Question 2: I have the german rulebook, at the beginning of the game you discard a tribal card as shown on the picture in the rulebook. Some tribal/dune cards affect discarded tribal cards.

EDIT: Typo

Ok, thx. Probably the English rulebook should clarify "discard the top card of the tribe deck to form a tribe card discard pile (some cards affect the discard pile)."

Yeah, I just wondered that how would some of the cards work if there is no discard pile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind the English rulebook is unofficial, so you should post your suggestion in the comments for the original translation by the designer or the reformatted rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey
as already stated

1) First the robber, then tribe card effects.

Speaking of timing, if You have the two new tent cards:

"If the robber moves onto a good card..." and "If You have less than
four goods..."

here the card that talks about the robber movement is triggerd first

2) to start a discard pile (Good idea to highlight this in the rules)

Greetings
Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.