Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: $1 pledge level rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Brenton
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I don't suppose it would be possible to add a $1 placeholder pledge level so that people such as myself who can't afford to back can get a foot in the door for when the pledge manager launches? I tried to put down a smaller amount, but the app gives me an error. Apparently the minimum is $99. As much as I want to help chase stretch goals, I need to feed the family this fortnight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I Think it is possible to pledge $1. I did it and later added 98 more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Killington wrote:
I don't suppose it would be possible to add a $1 placeholder pledge level so that people such as myself who can't afford to back can get a foot in the door for when the pledge manager launches? I tried to put down a smaller amount, but the app gives me an error. Apparently the minimum is $99. As much as I want to help chase stretch goals, I need to feed the family this fortnight

Amen, brother. I've used that technique a few times myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brenton
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I'll give it a try on the website rather than the app. Maybe that's the issue. Has there been official confirmation that we can upgrade to a God pledge in the manager and still get stretch goals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haynes
United States
Holliston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they've mentioned several times that a God pledge added on during the pledge manager will bring all of the stretch goals with it. It won't help unlock anything new during the campaign, but hey, you do what you can do. Welcome aboard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brenton
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Splendid, thank you all for your help. I'm pretty eager to play this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brenton
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Huh. Still not letting me put down $1. The field turns red and won't let me proceed. The only way to put down less money seems to be the "Back without reward" field. That doesn't sound promising
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haynes
United States
Holliston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is actually where you back with $1. Indeed, you will back without a reward yet, but you WILL be a backer, which should gain you access to the pledge manager in January. Once that rolls around, you'll be able to edit your pledge to whichever level you want, and you should be set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brenton
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, fair enough. That sounds a bit counter intuitive, but hey, if it works it works. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the same too.I pledge 1$ they told me that the pledge manager will open for me too at January for 30days so I can add everything(think that I have to put about 20Core boxes with all SG) I want.The only think is that they don't know the shipping cost
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can definitely select 'No Reward', pledge any amount, and gain access to the pledge manager. The only restriction on you is you must get a God pledge to get any of the add-ons once you're in the PM (assuming you don't just want the RPG). As anything you add now will go towards unlocking stretch goals, whereas it won't in the PM, then even pledging $20 now and making up the rest in the PM, as opposed to just pledging the minimum, can make a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redben wrote:
You can definitely select 'No Reward', pledge any amount, and gain access to the pledge manager. The only restriction on you is you must get a God pledge to get any of the add-ons once you're in the PM (assuming you don't just want the RPG). As anything you add now will go towards unlocking stretch goals, whereas it won't in the PM, then even pledging $20 now and making up the rest in the PM, as opposed to just pledging the minimum, can make a difference.

I dont think an extra $19 is likely to make much of a dent in 59,000, or 74,000, or be the deciding factor between yes/no for the next sg.

Sure, if everyone took that approach then maybe so.

However, with Christmas just around the corner and different exchange rates, some people need to delay. The KS is great value now and not everyone cares about squeezing just one extra bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad to finally get some confirmation on this. I really hope to be able to add a god pledge before it ends but just in case I'm not able to, I will not be left out and can add the money in the pledge manager once we get past the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.