Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

On p17 of the rule book, under E2 - Other Limits, it says:

"The number of Catalysts on a Refugium is limited to the number of Enzyme slots, or per (B3)."

Now, I've read this over and over, and for the life of me, I can't work out what the reference to B3 means. Any ideas? In E1 - Catalyst Source, it mentions where the Catalysts come from, i.e. the Tableau Pool, so I'm not sure what the B3 refers to.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that it's referring to the Tableau Pool limits described in B3 as also being an (obvious) limiting factor towards the number of Catalysts on Refugiums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So catalysts acting as enzymes on a Refugium count towards the Tableau Pool limit? It's not talking about the act of placing catalysts there, where the number of discs in the TP would be a limit, but rather an ongoing limit.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
E1 states that Catalysts assigned as Enzymes comes from your tableau pool. B3 states that the Tableau pool is a pool for unassigned Bionts and Catalysts. I'm not sure what the disconnect is here?

EDIT: Oh, I (sort of) get what you are asking about now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a *sort of* redundent reference. It is stipulating the limits as both A)the slots on the refugium and B)the number you can have period.

This would only come into effect if you were trying to win ties I believe. I can't assign 4 red catalysts at a time as the red player if my pool is limited to only 3 (in a 4p game) in theory one person could assign all different colors to fill one up quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supermaxv wrote:
E1 states that Catalysts assigned as Enzymes comes from your tableau pool. B3 states that the Tableau pool is a pool for unassigned Bionts and Catalysts. I'm not sure what the disconnect is here?

EDIT: Oh, I (sort of) get what you are asking about now.

I know the Catalysts come from the Tableau Pool. It says as much in E1. But E2 seems to just be essentially saying I can't place what I don't have (i.e. something from other than the Tableau Pool), which seems really obvious. So I wondered if it had a meaning I wasn't understanding.

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
It is a *sort of* redundent reference. It is stipulating the limits as both A)the slots on the refugium and B)the number you can have period.

This would only come into effect if you were trying to win ties I believe. I can't assign 4 red catalysts at a time as the red player if my pool is limited to only 3 (in a 4p game) in theory one person could assign all different colors to fill one up quick.

But you could put 4 Red Disks there over 2 turns, right? As in, the Refugia Disks don't count towards a Tableau Pool (not sure how they could), so you could add more than 3 disks of one color over time. Just seems an odd reference, so made me think there was more to it than I could think of, as what I could think of seemed too obvious.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct that you could put them in over multiple rounds. It isn't tracked who put what in the refugia.

The reference feels partially like an artifact of the editing process and partially wargamer-style over clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed this is an over-clarification. Removing "or per (B3)" from the Living Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.