Subject: My son loves this game, any recomendations for companion books rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Blizzard
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 10 yr old has been playing Memoir for about a year now. H really loves all things WW2. Does nyone have recomendations for companion books (or just good 10 yr old friendly books on ww2). Id especially love some that would pair up the scenarios from memoir 44 with story's about those battles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Osprey books may be a good choice; they aren't terribly long. They have several titles pertaining to D-Day and Normandy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Blizzard
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I'll take a look at them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Peacock
United States
So Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend "The D-day Experience" by Richard Holmes ISBN 9781847325006. Full of photos, maps and reproductions of D-day memorabilia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
These are where I started:

https://www.amazon.com/Invasion-Europe-American-Heritage-Lib...

https://www.amazon.com/Battle-American-heritage-junior-libra...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the Memoir 44 Strategy and Tactics Guide? It's a fantastic tomb, teaches so much about Memoir 44 and a lot of ignorance applies t many other games, in addition throughout the book are historical asides giving nice bits of history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Blizzard
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkaup366 wrote:
Do you have the Memoir 44 Strategy and Tactics Guide? It's a fantastic tomb, teaches so much about Memoir 44 and a lot of ignorance applies t many other games, in addition throughout the book are historical asides giving nice bits of history.

We only have the base game but I'll check that out. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Guts and Glory: WWII" is part of a series of history books geared toward modern youth. They are a great source of copious info, presented in a way that is very approachable to the current 10 year old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that an Atlas with commentary provides a good summary and is useful when reading other books. For example, I have this one and I think another and its good:

War Maps: World War II from September 1939 to August 1945: Air, Sea & Land, Battle by Battle Hardcover – October 22, 1988
by Simon Goodenough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.