Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this will work perfectly. It should be able to hold approximately 138 dice when completely full. I'll post some pics once I'm able to fill it up a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know this will sound weird but have you thought about picture storage boxes?

Iris storage boxes are 4x6 and deep enough to hold 40 16mm dice and some sleeved cards. These boxes will also hold 60 sleeved cards easily. If not for storage, then for transportation for sure.

https://www.wayfairsupply.com/IRIS-Extra-Large-Photo-and-Cra...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plano really makes some very good options for board gamers. I only say Plano as this is my go to option in ease of picking up (I have yet to find a Walmart that does not carry them in the fishing isle all year long) and price (with the popular 3700 series running less than $4.).

Now finding a nice carry all for these Plano boxes becomes a bit harder to find and are costly. While Walmart does carry the bags (such as Spiderwire bags that will hold 4 of the 3700 Plano boxes) you are looking to pay around $30+.

The bottom line with Plano is that they have so many options. Put together with the cost and ease of walking into a store and picking one up makes Plano storage boxes the almost perfect go to for gamers.

I did not mention online as I like to be able to walk into a store and bring home my Plano boxes as I have games that need to be separated for ease of set up and protection carrying to and from. More important is that I am able to see myself which Plano box will work best for said game as there are a lot to pick from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
What have you guys come up with for secret deck dice storage for tournaments? Is there similar type boxes that are non-see-through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Truth be told the Plano 3600 may be the way to go for tournaments because you are bringing a deck already put together. As for keeping it secret, I would say put the 3600 in a sling bag or back pack type bag.

Cost wise the Plano 3600 is going to set you back...just about $3.00...LOL. I use the Plano 3700, one each for each color, gray, yellow, red, and blue (and one extra to hold the two base sets with instructions and tokens.). The 3600 is going to do the same thing just on a smaller scare which will hold your cards, dice, and tokens for your tournament. I also sleeve all my cards and use a hard case on top of being sleeved for any/all character/location cards. Both the 3600 and 3700 will have plenty of room for sleeved and hard case cards with the 3600 being a better option for just tournament play seeing as you use the same cards/dice all tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwiser wrote:
Truth be told the Plano 3600 may be the way to go for tournaments because you are bringing a deck already put together. As for keeping it secret, I would say put the 3600 in a sling bag or back pack type bag.

Cost wise the Plano 3600 is going to set you back...just about $3.00...LOL. I use the Plano 3700, one each for each color, gray, yellow, red, and blue (and one extra to hold the two base sets with instructions and tokens.). The 3600 is going to do the same thing just on a smaller scare which will hold your cards, dice, and tokens for your tournament. I also sleeve all my cards and use a hard case on top of being sleeved for any/all character/location cards. Both the 3600 and 3700 will have plenty of room for sleeved and hard case cards with the 3600 being a better option for just tournament play seeing as you use the same cards/dice all tournament.

What makes the 4700 great is that you don't need a separate box for different colors. Everything fits in it on one layer so you don't need to pick through dice to find the ones you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the heads up. I will take a look into the 4700 tonight. Gotta love Plano and what they do for the board game junkies like us...LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.