Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Schematic Card Activation and Usage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Sorrell
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
If a schematic card is activated mid execution of a mechs command line via minion deaths can the effect of the schematic card be used on remaining command cards? Example: Corki has a schematic card that allows him to move in different directions with Omnistomp, if this card is activated by a kill from command slot 3 and command slot 4, 5 or 6 are Omnistomps, can Corki immediately use the effect of this card or does he have to wait until his next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Schematics are immediately revealed as soon as you get the appropriate Team Gear, which is immediately after defeating the 5th Minion that earned them the Gear. This means that later Slots will definitely benefit from the powerup.

The real question here is what happens if you earn the Schematic on the first step of a level 3 Omnistomp... Can you decide your direction for the remaining two steps? Given prior rulings, I'd guess the answer is no, but I may very well be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feet_of_Clay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:

The real question here is what happens if you earn the Schematic on the first step of a level 3 Omnistomp... Can you decide your direction for the remaining two steps? Given prior rulings, I'd guess the answer is no, but I may very well be wrong.

I'd agree with you and say no... the slot has already activated before the schematic was in effect. Therefore you must finish executing that slot then the schematic takes effect...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
This is correct! The slot has already been activated, so the command has already been defined. Thus, you couldn't change the omnistomp command midstep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.