Subject: A few clarifications needed not already mentioned rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
1. New Alliances. If you don't have a clan to "replace" your opponent's clan, can you still remove his clan? We ruled no because then you are not replacing you are removing but I would like clarification.

2. It has already been said that you do as much as you can on a card. So I'm assuming this would include if you have no clans in reserve, and play Festival, you can still place the festival token, just not a new clan, or if you play The Stone of Fal which says place 2 clans but you only have 1 you can place the 1. or you play Warlord and don't have a clan to place you can still choose who does the next maneuver, etc.

3. Tale of Cuchulain states "Remove any 2 exposed clans from this territory". In a game it was me and an opponent and the opponent only had 1 clan. We thought that I would have to remove a total of 2 so I had to remove one of my own. When you play this, can you choose only 1 or do you have to choose 2?

3. I played Deirdre's Beauty, and got The Dagda's Club from an opponent. Dagda's club says when one of your clans would be removed, that clan is not removed. Opponent argued that I was not able to play it yet because the other card had finished however, Deirdre's Beauty says "Add 1 of these Epic Tale cards to your hand and discard the others. THEN remove 1 of your clans from any territory". I argued that it was already added to my hand via the card text, therefore I could play it in response to remove 1 clan and now it is not removed. Is this correct?

4. Master craftsman says to discard 1 card if able, then draw 1 epic tale card. I assume if you have no other cards then you can still play this and draw an epic tale card?

5. Iron Mine. "The attacked player must both remove 1 exposed clan and discard 1 action card" If a player has no action cards, does that mean they have to remove 2 clans? I would think this be the case since at any time if you are attacked and don't have an action card you must remove a clan. Otherwise this is useless if they already have no action cards.

6. (last one whistle )Salt Mine and Cove are similar but not exactly. With Cove it says "add it to your hand. then set aside 1 action card from your hand". I assume this can be the same card once you see it you don't want it. with Salt Mine it says "Randomly take 1 action card from opponent." It does not say add it to your hand. Then it says "Then give that player 1 of your action cards". So this sounds different. Like you have to give him something different back. Or is it like cove (if I what I assumed is true) and you can actually give back what you got from him if you want.

I think that's it! Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

1. You're right. You can't replace if you have no clans.

2. That's right.

3. Right. I don't have the English text at hand but in French Cuchulain says "up to".

4. Right.

5. No, if your opponent has no Action card then Iron Mine is useless.

6. You're right, it's the same effect, you take 1 then give 1.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Yes it does! Thank you Christian! You are awesome with the speed of your replies. I'm putting together my own sort of FAQ from the info I've yielded from these forums. I'll let you take a look and if you like it we can put in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh ok, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Here's what I have so far. As I was making this, I realized I had two number 3's in my initial question. I think you answered the first one but not the second. The second one is number 9 below. Can you confirm that it and the rest of this list all checks out correctly? If so I'll add this to the files of this game.

Inis Rules Clarifications: (from the designer himself)

1. When in doubt, do what is most simple.

2. You can play a card even if you can’t do everything on it. This means you can play a card with no effect or a partial effect and it counts as being played.
Examples:
a. Festival: If you don’t have a clan in reserve to place, you can still place a festival token where you are present with a sanctuary.
b. The Stone of Fal: It says place 2 but if you have 1 or none you can still play it
c. Warlord: 2nd use: if you don’t have a clan to place you can still choose who does the next maneuver.
d. You may want to play a card you can’t execute instead of passing.

3. Replace does not include remove (very specific wording on purpose)

4. Capital can’t be in Swamp since Capital is a Citadel and no citadels can be put in Swamp.

5. Hills: Hills advantage card can cancel Iron Mine advantage card.

6. Iron Mine: if the opponent has no action cards then iron mine is useless. It does not make the opponent lose two clans.

7. New Alliances: If you don’t have a clan to “replace” your opponent’s clan then you cannot do the replace action. You cannot just remove opponent’s clan with nothing to put in its place.

8. Tale of Cuchulain: States “Remove any 2 exposed clans from this territory”. If there is only 1 opponent clan, you do not have to remove one of your own clans. The correct translation from French should have read “up to 2”.

9. Deirdre’s Beauty: The card reads: "Add 1 of these Epic Tale cards to your hand and discard the others. THEN remove 1 of your clans from any territory" When playing Dierdre’s beauty, you can play the Epic Tale card you receive right away as it is now in your hand. For instance, if you get The Dagda’s Club, it says that you don’t have to remove a clan in reaction to having to remove a clan. Since it is in your hand before Deirdre’s Beauty forces you to remove a clan, you can play The Dagda’s Club and not have to remove it.

10. Master Craftsman: Says to discard 1 card if able, then draw 1 epic tale card. If you have no other cards then you can still play this and draw an epic tale card.

11. Salt Mine and Cove: Salt Mine says “Randomly take 1 action card from opponent. Then give that player 1 of your action cards”. Cove says “add it to your hand. Then set aside 1 action card from your hand”. With both of these, you can return the card you got since you have already attained it you are not required to return a different card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, all right, including 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Ok I made it look nice with a watermark background of the awesome Celtic image on the back of the rulebook. It's uploaded waiting for bgg to approve. Will link when available so you can give it a final approval.

If there's anything you think I should add, let me know. I can maintain this file as an FAQ for the game so people don't have to search the forums far and wide for all their questions.

I just realized a couple days ago that I had wondered about playing the Geis if you can cancel a card after the person states what they are going to do, AKA, wait and see if they're going to move into your territory or someone else's and then I saw it's actually in the rulebook! In fact the rulebook states you only play the Geis AFTER they state what they're going to do with their card. I debated putting it into the doc as a reminder but didn't ultimately because that is already in the rulebook. But maybe I should since it's one of the sidebars that I evidently overlooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
All done. Here it is. Let me know what you think. Inis Rules Clarifications
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, seems ok to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Sweet. coolninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.