$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.3% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a big fan of CoH, I would like to know when the promised solo expansion of Guadalcanal is coming out ?

It IS mentioned in the rule book and as I play my CoH games for 95% in SOLO mode, I simply can not play Guadalcanal with 90% of the firefights using hidden set up and movement.

It was already odd that after this hugely and critical acclaimed Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion was published for the CoH system, we now are stuck with an expansion that simply can't be played in solo mode (not even 2 sided).

So help us please ... to start planning.

And while you are at it: How will the solo mode be implemented with the postponed Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943 ? Yet another solo expansion ?

I mean this IS an incredible awesome AI agent you got there ... now ... could we actually ... enjoy it in other CoH games too ?

Remark: I posted this too in the solo Expansion forums: just in case you missed a forum.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmb
I'm totally with you on this post. The AI expansion for Awakening the Bear has in a twisted sort of way ruined CoH solo play without the AI. I'm more inclined to play solo CoH AtB, than GC because of this, despite wanting to delve into GC. The release of the solo expansion was a seminal moment for solo wargamers, and we don't want to be left hanging on GC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the thread in the Eastern Front forum:

uweeickert wrote:
We plan on releasing the solo expansion for each game about a year after the games release into distribution. This gives us time to develop and play test the solo fully and does not delay the release of the base game until the solo expansion is complete.

Gunter
Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
I really like the whole CoH series but I pretty play solo because I can't find an opponent. I wonder if anyone plays this by email or live via other mediums by both players setting up the game and making moves like "move to A12". Seems like it would be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing this live via Vassal would be easy, just like in face to face play. Playing it via email though would take quite a while as it goes back and forth between players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.