Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As part of a nation-wide awareness day for the Children Cancer Fund a local miniature wargame club is organizing a military history quiz and wargame day in a community center.

One event on that day is our very own
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
running another one of his excellent Here I Stand games.

My question is : are there other attempts to make wargaming more visible to the general community ? Where have you played in public before ? And no, conventions & the local FLGS don't count

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunking donuts and McDonald's..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
mbmbmbmbmb
A local pub in Belfast called "Brewbot" has a load of euro-games behind the counter for patrons to play - things like Carcassonne, Small world, that one about railways, as well as the usual scrabble, chess, etc.

So, about 2 months ago, me and a friend brought along my copy of Tolentino 20 where I proceeded to recreate history and lost as Murat's Neapolitans.

They do sampler trays of craft ale, which added to the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shopping centre

http://mkws.org.uk/index.php?s=campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hammurabi70 wrote:

I've heard about that one on the Meeples & Miniatures podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a nice park with a library (made out of an old huge barn) close to where I live.
Well I actually played a Giant version of Wings of War: The Dawn of World War II under library's colonnade and in the cafè of the park a game of 303. At least once a game of Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game in the middle of the basket field. Everytime with my older son Marco .
I tried to play once Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan in the library with another gamer but we were basically kicked out of the library once they noticed we werent playing chess

EDIT: nobody cared a part from library's staff about it but we didnt care as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Ives
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played Ogre Deluxe Edition at the local library headquarters. We played in the hallway, not in the library itself. As long as we were quiet I don't think anyone would have cared if we played on the mezzanine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once played Rise of the Luftwaffe with my gaming buddy in Hong Kong at a cafe in the Hong Kong International Airport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
lichfield
staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The London ASL group meets every month in Starbucks on High Holborn, near to Chancery Lane underground station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. H.
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer72 wrote:

The London ASL group meets every month in Starbucks on High Holborn, near to Chancery Lane underground station.

What are the dates? Is there a website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
lichfield
staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
m0rtaar wrote:
gamer72 wrote:

What are the dates? Is there a website?

doubleone-online.net . Dates of meetings shown. There's also a tournament at the end of June.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
Dunking donuts and McDonald's..

I remember someone else from Manila hosting a wargame promotional event in one of the malls. It garnered some interest, especially with the younger crowd, which was great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.