Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tankbusta Bombaz vs. Assault Valkyrie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hector Bravado
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I've gone back to the rules and think we did this right, but want to run this scenario by some more experienced players:

My Ork Tankbusta Bombaz attacks my opponent's Assault Valkyrie.

1) I place three damage tokens (Tankbusta's base attack value) next to the Valkyrie.

2) Opponent now has option to reduce those three tokens via shield cards (as additive/subtractive modifiers are applied before doubling/halving modifiers). Opponent has no shield cards.

3) Now, do we double or halve first? If doubling is first, damage taken rises to six (Tankbusta's anti-vehicle ability) then is halved to net damage of three (Valkyrie's flying ability) OR is the three damage "halved" to two (rounding up 1.5 per the rules) then doubled to four?

Per the first interpretation, the Valkyrie stays in the sky. In the second interpretation, the Valkyrie is downed. What is the correct order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destrio Dai
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying halves damage dealt prior to assigning it. So ork ability is negated by flying keyword in valkyrie. Assign 3 damage and then a shield card can be applied to lower the 3.

The RRG sections dealing damage should help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Bravado
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ah. Read the Dealing Damage but missed that important detail in description of Flying. Appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.