$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 70.39

4,876 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Pandemic Iberia» Forums » General

Subject: Pimping the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has anybody thought about how to improve some of the components in the game?

Firstly I think I'm going to replace the cubes in the box with the cubes from Pandemic Legacy, I think the translucent plastic ones look more virus like and a bit more interesting than the painted wooden ones in the box.

Secondly, think it would be good to replace the cardboard water tokens that come in the box with a plastic water drop chit you can buy from many places.

Any other ideas?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Green
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better yet, use the wooden blue natural gas tokens from Power Grid Deluxe for the water tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great for you! When my copy comes I will be keeping it as is because I feel like of the components fit the theme of the game.

Enjoy!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it hard to spot the hospital among the cubes. I'd like to find a way to make them more distinctive. Maybe put cross stickers on them?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
debwentworth wrote:
I find it hard to spot the hospital among the cubes. I'd like to find a way to make them more distinctive. Maybe put cross stickers on them?

I think that's a good idea, maybe just paint a small Red Cross on each side, I like it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeplesource has these simple blue water tokens

https://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Water

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:
I find it hard to spot the hospital among the cubes. I'd like to find a way to make them more distinctive. Maybe put cross stickers on them?

Love this idea, now to find stickers, maybe something from pandemic legacy could work, got some stickers left over.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I'm trying out in the meantime, thanks to leftover Pandemic Legacy parts and Sharpies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, switched gears after noticing that the wooden hospitals stand out a lot more when I replace the wooden disease cubes with translucent cubes (also saved from Pandemic Legacy) so maybe I'll go with that solution for a while.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
debwentworth wrote:
Actually, switched gears after noticing that the wooden hospitals stand out a lot more when I replace the wooden disease cubes with translucent cubes (also saved from Pandemic Legacy) so maybe I'll go with that solution for a while.

As mentioned above I was planning to use the legacy cubes too, I think they look better for representing viruses with the translucentness of them. The cubes in the box are fine but I think they give the game a slightly dated look. All personal preferences of course.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
debwentworth wrote:
Actually, switched gears after noticing that the wooden hospitals stand out a lot more when I replace the wooden disease cubes with translucent cubes (also saved from Pandemic Legacy) so maybe I'll go with that solution for a while.

As mentioned above I was planning to use the legacy cubes too, I think they look better for representing viruses with the translucentness of them. The cubes in the box are fine but I think they give the game a slightly dated look. All personal preferences of course.


I love wood in general, especially with a period game like this. For hospitals it makes sense; but microbes? Guess I can live with the anachronism.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Haag
United States
Hamburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:

As mentioned above I was planning to use the legacy cubes too, I think they look better for representing viruses with the translucentness of them. The cubes in the box are fine but I think they give the game a slightly dated look. All personal preferences of course.

Given that the game is supposed to take place in the 19th century, I think giving it a dated look was intentional.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree the cubes have the right feel Imho for this game.
But the hospitals could use some better board presence cause they do blend in between the cubes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Has anybody thought about how to improve some of the components in the game?

Firstly I think I'm going to replace the cubes in the box with the cubes from Pandemic Legacy, I think the translucent plastic ones look more virus like and a bit more interesting than the painted wooden ones in the box.

Secondly, think it would be good to replace the cardboard water tokens that come in the box with a plastic water drop chit you can buy from many places.

Any other ideas?


How about replacing the track tokens with train bits from a train game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.