Subject: Good Teams for 3P with 2x Cores (Some Proxies OK)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played with 1 & 2, but never 3. Are there any good recommended teams? We were thinking of doing Roland, Agnes, and Daisy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland, Daisy and Wendy I think are the easiest three investigators for playing with out of two cores. Daisy and Roland have some overlap, but I find that when both are in play you can have Roland focus on fighting and Daisy concentrate on investigation. Therefore Roland's deck will mostly be blue cards and Daisy's will mostly be yellow cards. Wendy can load up on Skill cards and support the other two while also providing many good clutch plays with her survivor cards.

You can try Roland, Daisy and Agnes, but then Daisy really wants a lot of the Purple cards to help her out of sticky situations. Blinding Light, Scrying and Shrivelling are all great utilities for Daisy. That couples with Roland taking a couple yellow cards makes this a more difficult build. I think you'll need to generate more proxies going this route.

I can't see doing both Skids and Roland at the same time with any third investigator. Too much overlap with the guardian cards. Maybe when the player card pool widens Skids can focus more on Rogue tricks, but right now I throw a lot of blue cards in all my Skids decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Assuming proxies aplenty, and just as a gut recommendation, I think Wendy, Roland, Daisy would be a great team. Might be a great team. Maybe.

Wendy on crowd control and offering consistency of general tests, Roland for damage and a healthy dollop of trickling in clues, Daisy as an investigation machine and helping manage the right cards showing up / slowing down the wrong cards. Might have a concern with Roland's ammo though if he's the one handling enemies, the machete will have to put in work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.