42.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've got all the requisite monsters but no tiles or game bits/pieces. Is the core Descent 2e Core all that is necessary to get up and running?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pantaloni
Italy
Camerata Picena
AN
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, the base game is enough to play. The expansions add variety (monsters, heroes, side quests) but are not needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmb
Robbage wrote:
We've got all the requisite monsters but no tiles or game bits/pieces. Is the core Descent 2e Core all that is necessary to get up and running?

I'm not sure if you meant you have only monsters and nothing else, but just to be on the safe side: you need (almost) the full contents of the core set to play RtL. Some cards (Overlord deck, some search items) are left out, but you'll need everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, thanks. Yeah, I've got huge DDM collection and like to proxy those figures. But nothing else from Descent. Had it all at one point years ago but moved it on.

So RtL is free and comprises only the app I see, the Delves are like $5. So I could pick up all of the material from what, either 1e or 2e collection to plug into the app. Does it matter much if I go 1e or 2e?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knut K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need 2nd Edition-stuff. And you need maptiles, statcards of heroes and monsters, ability-cards for the heroes, itemdeck and searchdeck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need specifically the Descent 2nd edition Core box. It is necessary and sufficient. Descent 1st edition is NOT compatible with the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.