Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Release says "November". Hmm.

When will I realistically be able to obtain this game in the US? Alchemists has become a favorite in the house and would really like to get my hands on the expansion ASAP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its available right now on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Alchemists-Kings-Golem-Board-Player/d...

I bought this on November 2 and had a chance to get three plays in this past weekend. The Golem expansion truly brings Alchemists to an 11 go get your hands on it ASAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Justin,

I saw, but was very suspicious of that Amazon offer, because:

1) The box art is different than both CGE and CSI's page. e.g. it says "Golem Expansion" (in yellow/gold) but it should be "King's Golem" (in blue)

2) The price is about $10 more then MSRP, and almost 2x CSI's price. It's actually $10 more than the base game, even.

3) The game doesn't seem to actually be out yet, per CGE's page, so I don't know what the Amazon page could be selling??

Thanks for your reply!
-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newobj wrote:
1) The box art is different than both CGE and CSI's page. e.g. it says "Golem Expansion" (in yellow/gold) but it should be "King's Golem" (in blue)

Well, it's not like there could possibly be two different things. They are just using a preproduction image from some convention display, because that's what they had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this from Amazon and it was fulfilled by Funagain games for $39.99 it looks like the price went up but if its Amazon I wouldn't hesitate if there is a mix up customer service will clear it right up for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Justin. And the copy you received was "King's Golem" with blue lettering? Not the art currently showing on the product detail page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Well, at this moment the Amazon page is saying "expected to arrive after Christmas", so I'm guessing that it's not worth canceling my CoolStuffInc preorder in the hopes of getting it faster through Amazon...though the validity of that statement depends on when the full shipment is expected to arrive, I guess. I assume the copies available on Amazon were acquired from Essen or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'll notice, the fulfillment is done by a company in the UK, so yeah, Essen is a good bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Brian, it was the expansion. As I said i've played it three times already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Baker
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE just posted that both Adrenaline and Alchemists: The King's Golem arrived at their US warehouse today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justen
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Good to know! I preordered at 401 Games and they just had an image saying Pre-Order Delayed. Good to see a bit more new info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the update Wes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.