Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. Kidder
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Thog mini's left arm/bundle of tentacles/appendage dips below the plain of his base by about a quarter inch so that he only stands flat if I put him at the edge of the table. I'm assuming this is different from normal. The left appendage appears to be a pretty rigid piece I'm assuming was factory assembled and probably just glued on at a bad angle. I think this is well beyond the ability of a simple hot/cold water fix.

As I'm not a minis painter/modifier (as much as I'd like the time to be), is there a simple fix for this? Should I just live with him always looking like he's popping a wheelie? Or should I just ask for a replacement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that's more or less standard. I'm going to try to fix mine now using hot water. I'll report back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's easily fixed. Just bend it at the elbow, not the shoulder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was the same way. You can certainly fix it with hot water. Dip it in for a couple of minutes, take it out and bend the tentacle-arm upwards until the base stays flat. Dip it in cold water while holding the arm in the new position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was the same way. Hot water bath and a little bending followed by cold water did the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mb
Honestly, i think this happened to everyone, every video & photo show this on thog,..
mine came the same way,..

Hot water should work, but I've never successfully achieved this (but I can't even make a grilled cheese sandwich, so it's probably just me),...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kidder
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I'll try hot water and see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.