Hide
5 Posts

Star Trek Panic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement Question(s): Why not move the model, and why not flee? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Powell
msg tools
I just recently got this, so the answers will probably become apparent after a few more playthroughs, but I've been wondering:

1) What would be so wrong about moving the Enterprise model, instead of pushing tokens towards it? I mean, you'd have to imagine it's in a very small sector, and it would have to turn around when it reached the third "zone", but so what?

2) Why doesn't forward movement also pull away from enemies behind/to the side? At least the ones behind should "drift" backwards, to be realistic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ultimately it would just lead to a very different game were most of the mechanics would need to be changed so much that that it would have hard to recognize it as a "Castle Panic" spin off.
Keep in mind that this is not a wholly unique game. It is a re-skin of Castle Panic with a few changes to better fit the Star Trek Theme.
Movement is meant to be very simple and is mostly to add variety to the missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can wonder about the "Side" as well, and given that Cloaked ships drift, I can see that too.

as for the enemies behind, it is logical that they would not be pushed away as most of the species in Star Trek have the same or similar warp capacity as the Enterprise does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Powell
msg tools
demonllama wrote:

as for the enemies behind, it is logical that they would not be pushed away as most of the species in Star Trek have the same or similar warp capacity as the Enterprise does.

Good point! Although I think they're travelling at Impulse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkhawk 2099 wrote:
demonllama wrote:

Good point! Although I think they're travelling at Impulse

in the original series, combat is conducted at warp speed (RE: Elaan of Troyius - where the damage to their dilithium crystals prevented them from using warp maneuvering power).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.