30.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming up in about 5 minutes from this posting... a set of miniature brushes. Don't know about the quality, but I'm usually willing to take a gamble if it's cheap enough. Regular price is $19.97 (ignore the $39.97 MSRP that isn't real), so $4.00 (20%) off.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010QLOJ3G?tag=article-boardgamege...

They seem to be targeting actual miniature painters, and reviews seem decent.

If they turn out to not be great they can always be used for drybrushing and/or washes.

Wow. That was quick. Everything claimed in 30 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought this just this month for $14.97. They're okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I sound pretentious but good god I just can't paint with anything that's not a Winsor Sable. I've tried so many bloody brushes and they all just suck so much. I'd love to save money . . . but alas, I'm a slave to the series 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they'll become my terrain brushes for Dwarven Forge stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
I sound pretentious but good god I just can't paint with anything that's not a Winsor Sable. I've tried so many bloody brushes and they all just suck so much. I'd love to save money . . . but alas, I'm a slave to the series 7.

Well, you don't save money by spending it on brushes you don't use!

While Raphael and Winsor are my serious brushes, I do use the sable nail art brushes from Amazon for metals and whatnot. Two bucks for three disposable brushes : https://www.amazon.com/Brushes-Professional-Sable-Brush-Deta...

I did get the Citadel Starter Brush in a Citadel paint set and I'm impressed how long it lasted. Much better than the older Citadel Starter Brushes from way back. No idea how to best buy one, though.

Walmart has good workhouse brushes for drybrushing and slopping washes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.