Subject: Encounter Card Draw and Buy Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
i c
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi folks,

I'm so confused by this statement when one is not able to buy an encounter card: "You don't have to purchase a card if you don't want to, and you can take the Sanity loss. In that case, you take the new card and replace the one with the largest Brute Force cost."

I don't understand, what card is replacing what card with the largest Brute Force cost?"

It's my first turn. I draw an encounter card. I can't afford it. There are no other encounter cards on the ring. Now I roll and lose sanity.

What happens next? Do I take the card? Is it replaced by something? I don't understand the "one with the largest Brute Force cost."

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
i c
United States
California
flag msg tools
Nevermind. Found my answer in the Questions section of the Rulebook (man, one of the worst rulebooks, no kidding).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kwon
msg tools
I'm wondering whether I have the same rulebook.
In page 6 first 5 turns are explained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kwon
msg tools
pokana wrote:
I'm wondering whether I have the same rulebook.
In page 6 first 5 turns are explained.

I'm sorry, I may have sounded rude. Since I don't naturally speak english, I might be misunderstood.

My point is the rulebook contains (almost) all information needed. Problem is going through all pages to find what we're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darla Truitt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
So in answer to your question, even though you know now others looking at this post may not know, only if the new encounter card does not have an open space on the ring do you take the sanity loss and replace an existing card in the ring with the highest brute force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
i c
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for your input everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.