Subject: Bard clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves Gauhier
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi everyone

I'm preparing my first game of this beautiful game.
I have a question about the Trikel effect of the Bard card.
I hope it's not stupid.blush

After 1 of your maneuvers...i supposed it's a maneuver in a clash ?

Removes 1 or more opposing clans....i can remove all of the opposing clans if i want ?

And what about the clans in citadels ? I know that a clan in a citadel is not exposed but are they considered to be an opposing clan ?

Thanks for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McInroy
Canada
flag msg tools
Nothing wrong with asking for clarification!

Opposing clan is simply a clan (single unit) that is not your own. In regards to being in a citadel, that simply determines who is exposed in the clash and who is not. It is possible that your own clan is in a citadel

A maneuver is one of the 3 actions you can perform during a clash. Maneuver is meaningless outside of this context. The maneuvers are:

1) Attack -- Choose a player with exposed clans in the clashing territory to attack and they lose a clan OR an action card
2) Withdraw -- Move 1+ of your exposed clans to a neighboring territory where you are chieftain
3) Epic Tale Maneuver -- Some epic tale cards will specifically say "as a maneuver". They may or may not remove an opponents exposed clan

As you can see, only the 1st or 3rd maneuvers can satisfy the Bard's triskel requirement.

So get yourself in a clash, and IF one of your maneuvers removes a clan, you can play your Bard's triskel effect to get a Deed

One step closer to victory....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
So you can remove a clan in a citadel? Oops, we played that wrong then I suppose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
I thought the Triskel effect on bard had to be played after a maneuver removed an opposing clan. The card itself doesn't remove an opposing clan.

At least I think so. I don't have the card in front of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weiding Han
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
So you can remove a clan in a citadel? Oops, we played that wrong then I suppose

Not through a normal Attack. There might be an Epic Tale card that can do that... I'm not too sure.
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
I thought the Triskel effect on bard had to be played after a maneuver removed an opposing clan. The card itself doesn't remove an opposing clan.

At least I think so. I don't have the card in front of me.

Yes, Bard has to be used right after the maneuver, when the "remove an opposing clan" condition triggers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bard is a lover, not a fighter! He does not remove anything.

You need to read the whole sentence: "after one of your maneuvers removes 1 or more opposing clans" (=condition), THEN the bard might write a song about your heroic deeds...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Gauhier
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone

I get it now.

I miss read the sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.