5 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Syrilian B
msg tools
mbmbmb
Recently played the game and I have a few questions I couldn't find in the rulebook.

1)Is the lead investigator the same throughout the scenario?

2)Does a monster with the hunter trait move, engage and attack all in the same monster phase?

3)Does a monster with the hunter trait move if it was evaded?

4)How does victory points work exactly for experience? Does only the player who kills the monster get the points even if another player had damaged it? Who gets the points for locations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
syrilian wrote:
Recently played the game and I have a few questions I couldn't find in the rulebook.

1)Is the lead investigator the same throughout the scenario?

2)Does a monster with the hunter trait move, engage and attack all in the same monster phase?

3)Does a monster with the hunter trait move if it was evaded?

4)How does victory points work exactly for experience? Does only the player who kills the monster get the points even if another player had damaged it? Who gets the points for locations?

1. Yes
2. Yes, unless it is exhausted. See next answer.
3. No, it must ready before it can move and that happens after the Enemy Phase. That's why evasion is stupid strong.
4. They are shared as a group. If at the end of the scenario there are 4 total victory points, then all investigators get 4. One thing to mention is that you only get the victory points from locations if all clues have been removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, once a lead investigator is assigned for the scenario, he remains lead investigator for the duration of the scenario. Note - this is per scenario, not campaign. You may select a new lead investigator each scenario of a campaign though.

So scenario 1 may see Roland as lead, while scenario 2 could be Daisy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
syrilian wrote:

They were hiding

1) Page 14 under Lead Investigator

2) Page 25 under Enemy Phase

3) Page 12 under Hunter

4) Page 5 under Campaign Play

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lead investigator is not necessarily going to stay the same throughout the scenario, no.

If all goes well, then yes, the lead investigator will not change.

But sometimes things go south, and the lead investigator gets eliminated. If this happens, the remaining players have to select a new one right away, before the scenario continues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.