Blood Rage: Kickstarter Exclusives» Forums » General

Subject: 5th Player Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drunk Celt
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am wondering, reading the description for this, does this include the Ram faction you get by buying 5th Player Expansion?

Or would I still need to purchase that expansion as well?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
The wild boar clan was not an "expansion," it added no new content, only extra miniatures. If you want to officially play with 5 players you will need the ram expansion as that adds extra cards for 5 players. However, you could modify the base rules and use the wild boar clan with only the base rules and deal everyone 7 cards instead of the normal 8 cards during the gods gift phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
barinthus wrote:
I am wondering, reading the description for this, does this include the Ram faction you get by buying 5th Player Expansion?

Thanks

What do you mean by "description for this"? Boardgamegeek has just collected all the KS exclusive stuff into one page... I don't think they were distributed apart from the kickstarter. So you can't just go and buy them (apart from eBay or something).

The 5th player expansion that is available at retail includes the Ram clan.

During the KS, the Wildboar clan was a bonus.

You were probably referring to this part of the main page description, hopefully it makes sense now!

Quote:
Those who also purchased the fifth player expansion during the campaign additionally received extra exclusives, in the form of three alternate-sculpt monsters, each with their own (5+ player) card, and sculpted clan tokens for the extra faction (the Ram Clan).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drunk Celt
United States
California
flag msg tools
soosy wrote:
barinthus wrote:

Thanks

What do you mean by "description for this"? Boardgamegeek has just collected all the KS exclusive stuff into one page... I don't think they were distributed apart from the kickstarter. So you can't just go and buy them (apart from eBay or something).

The 5th player expansion that is available at retail includes the Ram clan.

During the KS, the Wildboar clan was a bonus.

You were probably referring to this part of the main page description, hopefully it makes sense now!

Quote:
Those who also purchased the fifth player expansion during the campaign additionally received extra exclusives, in the form of three alternate-sculpt monsters, each with their own (5+ player) card, and sculpted clan tokens for the extra faction (the Ram Clan).

Actually you can get this off Amazon

And yes you are correct as of the main page description you copied and pasted

Ok lets see if I can simplify this. I only have the core game I bought off Amazon so it's not from the KS run. If I get Mystics of Migdard, Gods of Asgard, and Fifth Player Expansion, I probably don't need this Extra? IIRC if I was to buy this Extra I'd wind up with two copies of certain monsters and miniatures for one clan whereas I'd have cardboard tokens for other clans?

Forgive me if I seem like a moron, I haven't had a chance to play Blood Rage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drunk Celt
United States
California
flag msg tools
Oops I got this confused with 5th Player Extras!

If I understood this correctly, I already have Dwarf Chieftain, Dark Elf, and Soldier of Hel in the core box. This box (the Extras box) just give me alternative design. I'm not sure about clan tokens but I probably have cardboard tokens so if I was to get this I'd just drive myself nuts trying to find kickstarter miniature tokens for other clans.

Am I correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
barinthus wrote:
Oops I got this confused with 5th Player Extras!

If I understood this correctly, I already have Dwarf Chieftain, Dark Elf, and Soldier of Hel in the core box. This box (the Extras box) just give me alternative design. I'm not sure about clan tokens but I probably have cardboard tokens so if I was to get this I'd just drive myself nuts trying to find kickstarter miniature tokens for other clans.

Am I correct?

Thanks!

Yep, that all sounds correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.