$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.2% of Goal | left

Support:

sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
I was thinking about a unique Gambler chest reward that would fit in with the theme of the gambler whilst at the same time provide cheap but meaningful content to KDM. This is what i came up with.

A new disorder called something along the lines of Gambler’s conceit
A new Red lantern dice. This new red lantern dice differs greatly from a standard dice, it has 3 lanterns on it, 2 sixs and 5 ones.

Basically whenever this survivor must make a roll involving a d10 he must roll the red dice instead of a standard dice. This red dice cannot be modified in anyway. the result is final. No stat bonus or penalties and no luck bonus.

Essentially the disorder would change the likelyhood of this survivor causing a crit but increasing the chance of rolling a failure considerably as well.

So all Poots needs to add to make this reward a reality is
1 new disorder card
1 new red lantern dice

I think it would be a nice little reward that ifts in perfectly with the theme of the Gamblers Box

Not to much to ask considering you just hit 5 million
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Panciera
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
I was thinking about a unique Gambler chest reward that would fit in with the theme of the gambler whilst at the same time provide cheap but meaningful content to KDM. This is what i came up with.

A new disorder called something along the lines of Gambler’s conceit
A new Red lantern dice. This new red lantern dice differs greatly from a standard dice, it has 3 lanterns on it, 2 sixs and 5 ones.

Basically whenever this survivor must make a roll involving a d10 he must roll the red dice instead of a standard dice. This red dice cannot be modified in anyway. the result is final. No stat bonus or penalties and no luck bonus.

Essentially the disorder would change the likelyhood of this survivor causing a crit but increasing the chance of rolling a failure considerably as well.

So all Poots needs to add to make this reward a reality is
1 new disorder card
1 new red lantern dice

I think it would be a nice little reward that ifts in perfectly with the theme of the Gamblers Box

Not to much to ask considering you just hit 5 million

You might want to drop this idea in the Kickstarter comments and Reddit. Just link back to this thread so it doesn't start some crazy shit on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
Funny, I also had an idea for a mechanic with a new die.
I would like to have a second table / chart with additional events for the hunt.
My idea is that instead of just rolling for a random event, you would first roll the new die to see on which chart you have to roll next.
I would design the die with 3 sides that show the watcher (old chart) and 3 sides that show the gambler (new chart).
Whats your opinion about this?

PS: I like your idea of a new die.
I just don´t know how to find the right balance.
It is certainly a nice gimmick, but KDM already is a game with a lot of randomness.
I would like to try it for fun, but I probably do not want to use that die very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
Elizablumi wrote:
I would like to have a second table / chart with additional events for the hunt.
My idea is that instead of just rolling for a random event, you would first roll the new die to see on which chart you have to roll next.
I would design the die with 3 sides that show the watcher (old chart) and 3 sides that show the gambler (new chart).

It is certainly a nice gimmick, but KDM already is a game with a lot of randomness.
I would like to try it for fun, but I probably do not want to use that die very often.

i had a similar idea but instead of using new dice you would simply have new Basic Hunt cards for the hunt track that would be shuffled with the normal basic hunt cards. These new hunt cards would contain a symbol and wording instructing the players to check the numbers rolled on a d100 against a completely new set of events found on 4 or 5 new pages. Keeps it simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
As for other uses for the red dice which im calling the Gamblers Dice. I could see it being used by a monster during combat. perhaps a monster requiring only crits to wound it and having some weird traits that relate to it rolling lanterns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
gorkel wrote:
Elizablumi wrote:

i had a similar idea but instead of using new dice you would simply have new Basic Hunt cards for the hunt track that would be shuffled with the normal basic hunt cards. These new hunt cards would contain a symbol and wording instructing the players to check the numbers rolled on a d100 against a completely new set of events found on 4 or 5 new pages. Keeps it simple.

That would also work!
That said, I still prefer the version with a gambler- /watcher-die.
Who does not like to roll a die?
I also think a die with watcher- and gambler-symbols would look extremly cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.