Steam: Map Expansion #1» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Another player builds a link into this town..." question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Rizzo
Italy
Taranto
flag msg tools
If player A place a Town Track Tile on a Town Hex with two exits straight(type #T21 on rules) the track that exits from town becomes incomplete(another player can't connect).
Later if not extended it becomes unowned and another player can't connect because the rules says you can only claim an unowned,incomplete link if either starts at a city or directly connects to one of your own links.

So the question is:
The other players can connect to this town only through a new track(replacing the town tile with an improvement).Is it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fairly sure that you have to build into a town to place a town tile so one of the "exits" will be owned by the person placing the tile.

If they don't continue building the other exit/exits will become unowned.

Another player can build to it from somewhere else (i.e. connecting to the town tile via the unowned link by directly connecting to the unowned link). However they could also build to the town by an alternate route (replacing the town tile with an alternate one with more exits that respects the existing exits). In this case they could then build out of the unowned exit (as could the original player who is still connected to the town)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Rizzo
Italy
Taranto
flag msg tools
Zark wrote:

Another player can build to it from somewhere else (i.e. connecting to the town tile via the unowned link by directly connecting to the unowned link).

Base rules : you can only claim an unowned,incomplete link if it either starts at a city or it directly connects to one of your own links(and see the example)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Rizzo
Italy
Taranto
flag msg tools
After reading this I can say that I can claim an unowned link if...

It comes from a town you are not connected to, you can build legal track up to it to complete the link and claim it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
The track is owned by the player that build that exit for at least a turn if he doesn't extend it.

If the track is unowned, any player may build towards track to the exit and claim it, as long as they follow normal build restrictions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.