Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello i got a question about Occupied spaces:

Example:

Selling Point is occupied on a planet. I am 3 fields away with my ship and use my engine D8 and roll an 8.
I could fly now beside the other ship (6 movement remaining) using the selling space (4 movement remaining).

The remaining 4 movement are wasted now and i have to stop adjacent to the ship, since i used a action (not a minor one) .

Is this all correct or did i something wrong in the example above?

Edit:Corrected thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks right to me.

Tor is correct. (See below)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember that when you perform a minor action, you still pay the two movement to use the space, but keep your movement points. Each action requires its own mvement points and triggers border effects.

Let's say a player blew up while on a debris field exploration token and dropped two cubes, and now the Enforcer is sitting on the space. You could approach, spend two to pick up the cubes, roll for blowing up before the action, spend another two to check the Exploration token, again rolling first for blow ups, then continue moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ressless wrote:

I could fly now beside the other ship (5 movement remaining)

You would have 6 movement remaining, since you're 3 spaces away, and can only move 2 to enter the space beside it. Then spend 2 to sell, so you'd end up wasting 4 movement in your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
Just remember that when you perform a minor action, you still pay the two movement to use the space, but keep your movement points. Each action requires its own mvement points and triggers border effects.

Let's say a player blew up while on a debris field exploration token and dropped two cubes, and now the Enforcer is sitting on the space. You could approach, spend two to pick up the cubes, roll for blowing up before the action, spend another two to check the Exploration token, again rolling first for blow ups, then continue moving.

I think we've played that paying 2 movement points allows to enter and do all the minor actions + action, then leave. Although it might not have come up, that's a very specific turn of events.

Another question: can you leave the occupied space into a different space than the one you entered from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
Radulla wrote:

I think we've played that paying 2 movement points allows to enter and do all the minor actions + action, then leave. Although it might not have come up, that's a very specific turn of events.

Another question: can you leave the occupied space into a different space than the one you entered from?

Here's the relevant passage from pg. 9 of the rulebook (emphasis mine)

"Using Occupied Spaces: A player may take an Action on an adjacent space that is currently occupied by another ship, by first spending two movement. In this scenario, the player would not move their ship from its space, but they can perform an Action as though their ship was on the occupied space."

I think the singular "an Action" implies you have to pay for each action, so you inconvenience other players when you are in their way, but do not block them completely.

On the other matter, you cannot "leave the occupied space into a different space" since under the rules, you never left the first space.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sure does - thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.