V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving - small tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amazing Ant
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about moving and small tiles.

Lets say there is an enemy on a small tile.
My Commando moves onto this tile.
The rule say, stealthy move only on medium tiles.
So the commando moves onto the small tile with the enemy "normal with 1 AP" (and has to test stealthy). There is no need to move stealthy (2 AP)? Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand your question.

You seem to be mixing up small and medium tiles, and the rules don't say ONLY stealthy move onto medium tiles.

You can move onto a medium tile for 1 AP and be VISIBLE or
You can move onto a medium tile for 2 AP and be STEALTHY.

But that doesn't take into account the presence of German units in the tile you are leaving or moving to. It depends if you are visible or stealthy before you start your move in that case.

Let's go back to the small tile you mention. You will always have a chance to move stealthily onto a small tile if you start as stealthy. If there is a German on the destination tile you simply perform a stealth check.

BUT if you were visible before your move, any Germans on your current tile AND your destination tile get a reaction fire on you before you leave your starting tile. If there were only Germans on the tile you left you will automatically be stealthy when you arrive on the small tile, having taken reaction fire from the German on your start tile. AND assuming you are not in a critical state after the reaction fire of course.

Small tile, ALWAYS a chance to move onto it stealthily. (depending on German presence). You will automatically be stealthy if there are no Germans present. Move cost 1AP

Medium tile, Depends on action points spent. ( and depending on German presence). You might spend 2 AP to move stealthily onto the tile and STILL fail a stealth test if there are any german units there. Move cost 1AP or 2AP

Large tile, NEVER a chance to move onto it stealthily. (unless you are wearing a german uniform or have a related character skill). Move cost 1AP

You might ask what is the point of paying 2AP to move stealthily onto a medium tile if you can still fail a stealth test? Well, if you are at your wound limit, a two thirds chance to be stealthy for each die rolled is worthwhile. Also, being stealthy BEFORE you move is critical, because you don't attract immediate reaction fire, even if you fail a stealth check on arrival (that is only triggered by being visible on the tile you LEAVE). Of course you will still have to take normal fire from the german units on their turn if you fail the stealth test, if your buddies can't take them out first. It's a co-op game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you can become stealthy if you move on to a tile with a unit, you're still spotted, regardless of tile size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blunder1983 wrote:
I don't think you can become stealthy if you move on to a tile with a unit, you're still spotted, regardless of tile size.

I don't think that's right on a small tile, but I'm sure the designer will clarify.

EDIT No, you are right if you begin as VISIBLE, the rules specifically say entering a tile WITHOUT an enemy token in that case. My bad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amazing Ant
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right with "You seem to be mixing up..."
This makes sense...
Thank you for your quick answer! Now I understand!
(node in the brain )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.