Subject: Is this better with unlimited card hand size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Macko AK
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As asked above I'm wondering if the game is better without discarding down to 4 cards max after the buy phase. On doing a dummy run to learn the rules I made the mistake of not discarding down to 4 cards and quite liked it. I haven't played the game properly yet but wonder if the game might be quicker and more enjoyable without discarding? Or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason that limit is there is to force players to actually play their cards. Otherwise players would just horde until they have enough to buy all the buildings and win.

If they spend as they go we can see what's going with them. If you give players unlimited hand size people don't have enough information to make decisions about who to attack. Trust me don't ignore that rule it keep the game flowing.

And of course limitless and size is a bonus of being el president.

The game will probably work but have a really different feel to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Macko AK
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply Joseph. I will take your advice and play with correct rules!

I just want to check though: doesn't El Presidente have to discard to 4 cards max as well after the spending phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, El Presidente needs to discard cards. Sorry for not being clear. What I meant by that is that El Prestidente can have more cards in his hand than the other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Macko AK
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarification Joseph. All very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.