Hide
4 Posts

Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enlist Units and Adding Attackers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Yeoh
msg tools
Let's use the ninja as an example. Can you enlist units as reaction and add them as attackers after your opponent declares defenders? My understanding is no because the declare attacker phase has passed.

How about after declaring an attack, but before I assign the attackers, can I enlist units as reaction and add them as attackers? My understanding is yes because I've not completed the declare attack phase.

Is my above understanding correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
A reaction is a reaction. You absolutely can enlist a unit as a reaction to the declaration of defenders, provided you have the ability to do so. But, the defenders have already been declared, so if you were hoping to smush an enemy unit by surprise, no dice.

Yes, you can react to your own declaration. The rules explicitly state that the active player always has the first reaction. But, I don't know why you'd want to. There's no difference between reacting to yourself and enlisting the unit normally before the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Yeoh
msg tools
Thanks C B. The second example may happen if an enemy exhausts or kills my unit, then as a reaction to enlist I may be able to make it for the attack, may be more important when facing Allena.

The main reason for this though is to setup an ambush, which alas, doesn't work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Only the units that are declared as attackers in the "Declare Attackers" step are considering attacking in that battle. It's possible that a unit can be enlisted during a battle (for example by the Ninja hero), but the unit has to already be in play before the Declare Attackers step in order to attack in that battle.

It is possible to initiate a battle, and then enlist a unit as a reaction maneuver before the Declare Attackers step, but opponents will have a chance to play reactions of their own after the unit enters play and before attackers are declared. This means opponents could still play a card like Paralyzing Fear, which might prevent the unit from attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.