Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello!

As per topic title, in what order I should read the different instructions booklets inside the game box?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're going to start with The Basic Game Rulebook. This is going to walk you through playing a game at the Basic difficulty level to get you practiced with all the main rules.

On page 3 of The Basic Game Rulebook, it's going to point you towards The Setup & Epilogue Book, which gives you instructions on how to set up each difficulty level.

Once you've played through a Basic Level game and are comfortable with the main mechanics, you're going to want to open up the Level Up! Rulebook, which discusses each difficulty level and what new rules are added for each one.

One of the reasons I really love this game is because of the way the rules are introduced to the players. You can get used to each level before moving on to the next one, which makes getting all the rules down much easier. Don't worry, though, the game is hard at pretty much every level.

The other two books, The A to Zeds Book and the Farmingdale Dossier are reference books, which contain all the rules in more detail than what is explained in the Basic and Level Up! rulebooks.

Don't be intimidated by all the books and rules. If you work your way through each level and play them each a few times before moving on to the next one, you'll have no trouble!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's what I'm going to do then!
Thanks again for having guided me through this nebula XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Setup & Epilogue Book you will only ever need before starting a game when choosing Level and game length, how to arrange deck. Then again after play too see how yo did if you like.
After 1 or 2 plays you probably won't need The Basic Game Rulebook ever again.
The Level Up! Rulebook you will use until the highest Level. Once you have seen all the mechanics the game has to offer, you probably will only ever use The A to Zeds Book to look sth up.
the Farmingdale Dossier you will use only occassionally if a new token shows up you havent seen yet.
You dont have to worry about remembering rules for specific units, the small reference sheets help with that.

So once you dive deeper into the game, the needed number of rulebooks decrease rapidly. There are so many rulebooks not because there are so many rules, but because this is a helpful learning system where the same rules explanation may occur several times in different places!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's probably a good way to teach the rules, I'll find out as soon as I'll start reading I suppose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.