Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw that the figures are bigger than the "classic" figures. I immediately thought that the grid squares might be bigger as well. It is a distinct possibility.

I only ask because I custom built my own pitch a few years ago. Carved it out of styrofoam, painted and flocked it. I spent a painstaking amount of time measuring the grid out to a 100th of an inch. Has built in dice towers, scoreboards and places to put your team. I am quite proud of it.

Has anyone measured this yet? Can I keep my old pitch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos please.

The new figs are on 30 mm bases and the official pitch has larger squares. But the number of squares is the same. So I suppose as long as you can fit the new figs in the squares of your pitch, you are good to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hello, my baby; hello, my honey;
badge
Hello, my ragtime gal!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameKnightMaine wrote:
Just saw that the figures are bigger than the "classic" figures. I immediately thought that the grid squares might be bigger as well. It is a distinct possibility.

I only ask because I custom built my own pitch a few years ago. Carved it out of styrofoam, painted and flocked it. I spent a painstaking amount of time measuring the grid out to a 100th of an inch. Has built in dice towers, scoreboards and places to put your team. I am quite proud of it.

Has anyone measured this yet? Can I keep my old pitch?

The new squares are 34mm, the new minis bases are 32mm. Somebody lined up six of the new minis in a row on the old 29mm board, and they fit surprisingly well--only the last mini in the line was really a problem:

So, it might get hairy in a big scrum, but not much worse than crowding dudes around a big guy on a 40mm base is on the old field. I'd keep bringing your custom job to league day without fear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several photo comparisons about. Your stands will spill over a bit on the old board. But your big guys will fit perfectly on the new. Even the old death roller will fit better.

Can't wait to see the new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of the responses. And I will get pics up. I have to hunt them down...

My concern is that the templates for a short pass, long pass, etc. will be affected by the squares being a different size.

I am not concerned about the size of the bases. I am concerned about the actual gameplay being affected. It can get down to a matter of millimeters when you are judging whether its a long or short pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are assorted pics I dragged out the of the geekimages. Places to hang banners for your teams, scoreboards for each team. Two big dicetowers for each team as a backdrop and a flocked field. Also a tiny pedestal in the middle to hold the minature Blood Bowl trophy fig I bought.

I shaved a couple hours off of my life carving the styrofoam and measuring. So if the old boards don't work I will have to work on my second edition. I suppose I could use the old templates still, but it would be nice to use the new ones. Especially if they throw some new rules curveballs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameKnightMaine wrote:
Thanks for all of the responses. And I will get pics up. I have to hunt them down...

My concern is that the templates for a short pass, long pass, etc. will be affected by the squares being a different size.

I am not concerned about the size of the bases. I am concerned about the actual gameplay being affected. It can get down to a matter of millimeters when you are judging whether its a long or short pass.

Use old pitch size with old template size, or new pitch size with new template size. Simples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slev wrote:

Use old pitch size with old template size, or new pitch size with new template size. Simples.

I thought of that, but...

1.Those new templates look really nice.
2.The new figs are nice, and overlapping of bases will happen.
and
3.I might subconsciously want a reason to make a bigger better pitch.

Plus, I don't want to be mistaken for the old curmudgeon kinda guy who insists on playing with the old templates. You know! When Blood Bowl was really Blood Bowl!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From The NAF:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidSL wrote:
From The NAF:

Thank you.

Well, I guess that settles it... Looks like I will be making a new pitch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Hello, my ragtime gal!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameKnightMaine wrote:
DavidSL wrote:
From The NAF:

Thank you.

Well, I guess that settles it... Looks like I will be making a new pitch.

That's just a list of the changes to the new edition. The NAF are supporting either board size as far as I know.

And the rulers should both work identically. If you're concerned, find one of the pass range charts online and use that instead, or just verify it with your ruler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Hello, my ragtime gal!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameKnightMaine wrote:
Slev wrote:

I thought of that, but...

1.Those new templates look really nice.
2.The new figs are nice, and overlapping of bases will happen.
and
3.I might subconsciously want a reason to make a bigger better pitch.

Plus, I don't want to be mistaken for the old curmudgeon kinda guy who insists on playing with the old templates. You know! When Blood Bowl was really Blood Bowl!

1) The new templates are of course not compatible with the old boards
2) Passing should always be measured based on the squares of the passer and target squares, not the minis: http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/clarifications/#4 Bases won't matter!
3) Dooooo eeeeeet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you DjaliRiot and chadnorth !
mbmbmbmbmb
puzzlemonkey wrote:

And the rulers should both work identically. If you're concerned, find one of the pass range charts online and use that instead, or just verify it with your ruler!

Toss the rulers, use the chart! Works perfectly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wells
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you handle the interception rules with the chart? Adjacent to the ball path?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from the pictures it looks like you could salvage most everything except your actual pitch , those dice towers look cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I just might do that. I can get away with making a new pitch and keeping everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.