Subject: Why are my image uploads not getting me the 1 GG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have posted a number of pictures in various threads around BGG. I'm just wondering why none of them have netted any geek gold?

I thought there was 1 GG for each image that is posted here on BGG.

I really want some more fancy microbadges, so it would be great to find an efficient way to get a bit of GG.

Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you posting them in replies? If that's the case then you're not going to get GG.

You get GG when you upload a photo to a game entry. When you check your profile and click contributions, your "image" section is empty, meaning you have yet to upload photos to specific board games. You are only rewarded GG for those photos if it passes the geekmod.

If you click gallery in your profile, you will see all the photos you've uploaded before, probably in various threads. If you want an example, click my profile and click "contributions" and you will see that the 16 or so images listed there do not show up in my gallery (unless I've specifically uploaded them again to the correct game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never posted an image, but I thought that someone would have to tip your image for you to get GG.

The best way to get GG, in my opinion, is to donate $25 or so at the end of the year. You get an additional GG for each person that donates that is in the hundreds and might push a thousand soon.

Anyway, enjoy a microbadge on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you uploading these photos to your personal BGG gallery and then posting/linking to them in threads?

Or are you uploading the photos into the game's public gallery?

Only the second option actually earns 1 gold per photo. You upload it into the photo gallery for a game, and after it's approved by a geek mod you'll get the GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
Images submitted to a database entry go through Geekmod
there is a reward for approved images

this is BGG Geekmod: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
the chandrian wrote:

The best way to get GG, in my opinion, is to donate $25 or so at the end of the year. You get an additional GG for each person that donates that is in the hundreds and might push a thousand soon.

it's almost December 1st
I expect to see a new Support Drive thread on Thursday

trivia:
Quote:
Support GG Bonus Distribution History for user: Luddite Slayer

for 2010 153.15 -- 2011-01-01 22:11:40
for 2011 143.30 -- 2012-01-02 14:13:46
for 2012 160.00 -- 2013-01-01 13:29:52
for 2013 207.36 -- 2014-01-01 18:12:56
for 2014 219.82 -- 2015-01-01 22:12:54
for 2015 387.81 -- 2016-01-01 14:16:30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
evnzro wrote:
Are you uploading these photos to your personal BGG gallery and then posting/linking to them in threads?

Or are you uploading the photos into the game's public gallery?

Only the second option actually earns 1 gold per photo. You upload it into the photo gallery for a game, and after it's approved by a geek mod you'll get the GG.

This, you've only uploaded to your personal gallery. To gain GG for images you must upload to an item's (game, accessory, etc) record and have the images accepted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the help sorting this out! And thank you very very much for the geekgold! That was so kind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.