Fabled Fruit» Forums » General

Subject: A marketing suggestion for non-gamers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darryl T.
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
I've played Fabled Fruit, enjoyed it, and kept thinking that it would be a great game for families and more casual gamers. I have friends who'd gladly play Monopoly Deal for hours on end during a holiday, and they'd be the perfect target market for Fabled Fruit. The only problem is that a pack of Monopoly Deal costs only $5, while Fabled Fruit costs around $45 in my country. It's quite difficult to convince non-gamers that a game right up their alley isn't, well, overpriced.

So here's my unsolicited, probably-terrible suggestion: create an edition of Fabled Fruit with maybe half the number of location cards and sell it at a much lower cost. (Let's call it Fabled Fruit: Fun-sized.) Then sell the remaining location cards as a separate expansion pack (Fabled Fruit: Fleshed Out?). Of course, we'll just rename the current, everything-in-the-box edition as a premium Fabled Fruit: Full Format.

The game will fly off the shelves, trust me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.