Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on some dividers similar to my Lord of the Rings LCG dividers and want to know what you think, here's a little preview (playmat too):

I plan to make these dividers for the player cards:

Guardian Investigators
Guardian Assets
Guardian Events
Guardian Skills
Seeker Investigators
Seeker Assets
Seeker Events
Seeker Skills
Mystic Investigators
Mystic Assets
Mystic Events
Mystic Skills
Rogue Investigators
Rogue Assets
Rogue Events
Rogue Skills
Survivor Investigators
Survivor Assets
Survivor Events
Survivor Skills
Neutral Assets
Neutral Events
Neutral Skills
Investigator-specific
Basic Weaknesses

And then for the encounter cards (each divider will have the icon printed on):

1 The Gathering
2 The Midnight Masks
3 The Devourer Below
Rats
Ghouls
Striking Fear
Ancient Evils
Chilling Cold
Nightgaunts
Dark Cult
Locked Doors
Cult of Umôrdhoth
Agents of Yog-Sothoth
Agents of Shub-Niggurath
Agents of Cthulhu
Agents of Hastur

Please let me know what you guys think?

To see some of my other work on dividers and playmats:

The Lord of the Rings LCG
Dividers: Horizontal | Vertical | Vertical XL

A Game of Thrones 2nd Edition LCG
Dividers: Horizontal | Vertical | Playmats

Star Wars LCG
Dividers: Horizontal | Vertical | Vertical XL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
They look great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Holtz
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
quick question: how do folks typically print these? Do you do card stock? If so what stock. Just trying to understand preferences on dividers as I've never done them before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I plan on printing on regular paper and laminating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meto Nymous
msg tools
Looks great! I was hoping for something like this.

I use your LOTR dividers, thanks for great work! I really hope that you will also make horizontal dividers for AH.

metonymous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizbanggang wrote:
quick question: how do folks typically print these? Do you do card stock? If so what stock. Just trying to understand preferences on dividers as I've never done them before.

I print all my dividers on 110lb cardstock. You should be able to get this at any office supply store. Specifically I use this: https://www.amazon.com/Neenah-Exact-Inches-Sheets-Bright/dp/... And I cut with this laser guided cutter: https://www.amazon.com/X-ACTO-Plastic-Guillotine-Trimmer-Inc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
metonymo wrote:
Looks great! I was hoping for something like this.

I use your LOTR dividers, thanks for great work! I really hope that you will also make horizontal dividers for AH.

metonymous

Yes! I will be making my standard horizontal, vertical and vertical xl sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. A few questions:
- Do you intend on having different colors for the "big" ones (the one for the scenario, which you have numbered)? Are you going to use a different color for scenario cards vs player cards?
- Are you making any for the Curse of the Rougarou?
- Are you going to make any dividers in the player character set divided by XP? (I prefer to separate out my cards by XP, since you can ignore the level 1+ cards for an initial deck build.)
- Are you going to make any dividers for decks (to put a deck I've already made in a specific place to just take it from there once I am ready to play)?
- Are you going to make a divider for all investigators?

I really like the look of these and look forward to seeing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
Very cool. A few questions:
1. Do you intend on having different colors for the "big" ones (the one for the scenario, which you have numbered)? Are you going to use a different color for scenario cards vs player cards?
2. Are you making any for the Curse of the Rougarou?
3. Are you going to make any dividers in the player character set divided by XP? (I prefer to separate out my cards by XP, since you can ignore the level 1+ cards for an initial deck build.)
4. Are you going to make any dividers for decks (to put a deck I've already made in a specific place to just take it from there once I am ready to play)?
5. Are you going to make a divider for all investigators?

I really like the look of these and look forward to seeing more.

1.1 All of the encounter cards will have the same template and the color in the small background (right now the dark cosmic black/blue-ish color) will change based on the expansion that it represents. The Dunwich Legacy stuff will be a green color to match it's box.

1.2 Yes. The player cards will be differently styled as seen in the preview, the divider in the foreground is an example of a Guardian class card and has a distinguished blue color, Mystic will be purple, Survivor red, etc.

2. Yes, I plan to make dividers for all of the standalone scenarios as I get them.

3. I'm glad you brought this up. I was wondering to myself, what would be better for the player cards, divide them by type? Or divide them by XP? Or even both, but that might be overkill? What do you all think?

4. Great suggestion! I think I will. Maybe something like Player 1, Player 2, etc. Could even put the investigator's faces in them.

5. Currently I have these grouped by class (see the list above) since FFG will be producing more and more with each expansion. LOTR has a TON of heroes now for each class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryno80 wrote:

3. I'm glad you brought this up. I was wondering to myself, what would be better for the player cards, divide them by type? Or divide them by XP? Or even both, but that might be overkill? What do you all think?

4. Great suggestion! I think I will. Maybe something like Player 1, Player 2, etc. Could even put the investigator's faces in them.

My preference, for now, is to just divide them by XP. I don't think the card pool is large enough to justify different dividers for the different types. It may be that, as the card pool grows larger, it will make sense to further subdivide.

I also don't think it would be good to have the Player 1 divider with an investigator's face on it, since you may not want to use that investigator. (Unless you mean to use the investigator symbol.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
ryno80 wrote:
Whizbanggang wrote:

I print all my dividers on 110lb cardstock. You should be able to get this at any office supply store. Specifically I use this: https://www.amazon.com/Neenah-Exact-Inches-Sheets-Bright/dp/... And I cut with this laser guided cutter: https://www.amazon.com/X-ACTO-Plastic-Guillotine-Trimmer-Inc...

I also use 110lb card stock, but I get it from a local Walmart (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Georgia-Pacific-Cardstock-8.5-x-1...). They'll have it with all of their paper products in the office supply section. It's very cheap (under $6) and it does the job without getting folded or warped from handling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Manning
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look amazing! What do you use to store your cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
jayelbird wrote:
ryno80 wrote:

My preference, for now, is to just divide them by XP. I don't think the card pool is large enough to justify different dividers for the different types. It may be that, as the card pool grows larger, it will make sense to further subdivide.

I also don't think it would be good to have the Player 1 divider with an investigator's face on it, since you may not want to use that investigator. (Unless you mean to use the investigator symbol.)

I do like intent behind the "Player 1" suggestion. But perhaps instead of Player 1, make blank templates that we could use to organize our own decks. We could just free-hand the name of our deck(s). With LotR, I have used cutouts the same size as your other dividers, but I'll just free-hand something like "Ranger-trapper", "Rohan-Will Focus", or "Hobbit" so I can easily find my go-to decks. They just look odd when they aren't as pretty looking as your designs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
kevmann wrote:

I bought a hobby lobby artist case with the perpetual 40% off coupon and a broken token insert I bought from my FLGS. It's currently sharing space with some of my Lord of the Rings LCG collection, but hey, it keeps it organized and together.

Hobby Lobby Case: (40% coupon is on the home page)
http://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies/Storage-Organization/...

Broken Token Organizer:
http://www.thebrokentoken.com/standard-sized-card-organizer-...

EDIT:
I also use a 1/2" binder to organize all of the deluxe and adventure pack rules/scenario inserts. The artist case with the broken token horizontal organizer allows enough space in the case for this binder to actually sit inside the case as well (on top of the cards sitting on cardboard supports I cut to size). Not sure if this will help you, but I agonized for a while on getting the horizontal (only four columns but can fit the binder) versus the standard (five columns of cards, but no space for the binder) organizer from broken token. So I bought one of each!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kevmann wrote:

I put all my LCGs in BCW Super Shoe Storage boxes (they're only like $3-$5 at your FLGS)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah the BCW boxes are much more affordable and sturdy. ++ to that suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay guys, here are two different schemes, what would you prefer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
V2, but possibly with just level 0 and level 1+. (And levels for the neutral cards also.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bille mann
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Ryan,
great work so long. One small (big) question or suggestion:
What about changing the header and putting the 'Guardian', 'Seeker',... to the right on the header. I think this could make it more readable.
Or maybe let the 'Guardian' stay on the left side with the symbol and putting the rest: 'Investigators', 'Assets', ... to the right.

And I like V1 more. I think you don't search a special Level 3 card. You normally search for a sort of card and then you think about the level. And not every card will have a level-card. so you will search and find nothing whe sorting for the level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like version 1 better. It's how I store my cards now with the exception of Investigator-Specific. I just keep those with the Investigator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ryan, I am really pumped to see you working on dividers for this and Netrunner. I am using your LotR,AGoT, and Star Wars dividers and they are all perfect. Sorry for being greedy, but any chance of making dividers for Call of Cthulhu and Warhammer: Conquest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
billemann wrote:
I think you don't search a special Level 3 card. You normally search for a sort of card and then you think about the level. And not every card will have a level-card. so you will search and find nothing whe sorting for the level.

I agree. I vote for v1. When I'm looking for, say, Guardian upgrades, I want to see all of the available upgrades and spend my points accordingly. Subdividing the upgrades by level (xp cost really) would make this more cumbersome.

I do agree with the other poster about maybe shifting the headers to leverage all of the space on the upper portion of the divider. For legibility's sake. Beautiful design, as always. Only thing we can do is nitpick when it looks so nice to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
V2, but would you consider switching the font size and placement of the class name and the level? So the class name would be above the level and smaller and the level would be below the class name and larger.

I only say this because the combination of the symbol and color make it very clear what class the particular level is for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
V1 but with doupling it.
Seeker skill 0
Seeker skill 1+

And so on.
You have to use level 0 cards when building up character, but you most propably want to get level X cards when spending XP.

Or v2 but with only level 0 and level 1+
Same reason as above. Level 0 when building character, level 1+ when leveling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.