Subject: Rules clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Veze
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I have started to read the A to Zeds Book to obtain a full image of the game. It's really a well written rulebook but I need some explanations, please.
1. To heal a unit in hospital, does a unit has to be in hospital? So, just to be sure, for the scientists that can walk through laboratory and offices, do I have to spent a move action, even from them, if there are in town center for example?

2. Page 16, when more than one Player unit ... if they were completely alone on that space. Ok, what this paragraph exactly means, because the meaning for me is you have the advantage from the terrain shift only if a unit is the only one on that space but this doesn't make sense.

3. When Raiders defending against zombies attack or from player unit attacks, do they get a terrain shift bonus?

4. Final scoring; every unit counts as 1 point, right? In the section supplies/ ammo if one of them is below 2, how the counting goes?

Thanks for you replies! A new fan of the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KThVez wrote:
Ok. I have started to read the A to Zeds Book to obtain a full image of the game. It's really a well written rulebook but I need some explanations, please.

[q="KThVez"]1. To heal a unit in hospital, does a unit has to be in hospital? So, just to be sure, for the scientists that can walk through laboratory and offices, do I have to spent a move action, even from them, if there are in town center for example?

First, read page #19 carefully if you haven't already done it Then, the answer is "It depends on the Hero's ability and the wording" (Professor Agee: yes; Doc Seaver: yes if he uses his Medical action, no if First Aid is used). The Farmingdale Dossier is your Best Friend.

KThVez wrote:
2. Page 16, when more than one Player unit ... if they were completely alone on that space. Ok, what this paragraph exactly means, because the meaning for me is you have the advantage from the terrain shift only if a unit is the only one on that space but this doesn't make sense.

It means that Player units don't combine their abilities. For example: a defending Regular Civilian unit will not get a terrain shift from Deputy Schmidt even if they are in the same space.

KThVez wrote:
3. When Raiders defending against zombies attack or from player unit attacks, do they get a terrain shift bonus?

Yes. See their dossier entry.

KThVez wrote:
4. Final scoring; every unit counts as 1 point, right? In the section supplies/ ammo if one of them is below 2, how the counting goes?

Player units on the map (not in cemetery) but ignore Villagers and Refugees; text says to count Supplies/Ammo only if you have 2 or more, so if you have less than 2 you ignore them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KThVez wrote:
1. To heal a unit in hospital, does a unit has to be in hospital? So, just to be sure, for the scientists that can walk through laboratory and offices, do I have to spent a move action, even from them, if there are in town center for example?

A unit has to be in the hospital to be healed, unless you have some of the units that can do so outside of it (like Mr. Johnson, or the Saviours Corps). You also have to spend a move action to get a scientist from zone to zone, but you don't necesseraly need to, as healing in the hospital is an action that can be taken without condition if the wounded unit is hospitalized (but Dr. Agee does give a bonus if she's in the offices).

KThVez wrote:

What this means is that the terrain shift applies to the unit that has been designated as defender. Any additionnal combat shift (like the one for the Rangers) is applied also. What the "completely alone" implies is that shifts on other units that would be present on that space don't apply (the Rangers get their shift, but couldn't benefit from the Colonel's shift, for example).

KThVez wrote:

Yes ; they count as Zeds on the combat table, but if they defend, they get the shift.

KThVez wrote:

No idea, we don't play with score that often ^^'

As a general rule, the Farmingdale Dossier is a big companion manual for many points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Veze
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both! I played yesterday, so I found some answers by myself and I didn't make any mistakes. But, for the second answer, really thanks you both, because now I can understand fully the meaning! Yes, so many units and I've been confused!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.