Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Culbertson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm working on a few games and one of them is a light to medium euro. My idea for a theme is that the players are lackeys for an evil wizard and they're doing their best not to get killed working for him. I thought an interesting mechanic could be that you have to be terrible at doing things so your opponents get assigned the tough jobs and get creamed by the good guys.

Anyone seen anything like this before? Either mechanic-wise or theme-wise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme-wise - Aye, Dark Overlord!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The "do badly so your opponents get creamed" is also something that happens in Dungeon Lords. It's a fine balance, because you'll still get a hero coming after you... but depending on situation, you want a PARTICULAR hero so you can kill him. Conversely, if you're doing well, you actually want to take on the big heroes. Paladins are worth big points. Great game overall, though the rulebook, like most Vlaada games, is trying to have a conversation with you while you're just trying to reference something.

For a crappy but mercifully fast version of this, see Boss Monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cichoracki

Michigan
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Similar theme: Three Cheers for Master
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.