Subject: Solo variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this at Cool Stuff yesterday, and played a game with my brother. We really enjoyed it. I love how this game takes your "usual" fantasy elements and puts them in a Euro style card game.

One thing this game begs for, though, is a solo variant, since its so easy and quick to set up and so quick playing.

I had an idea, but haven't tried it out yet, but it involves going through the action deck, dealing three out at a time as normal, but then playing one and discarding another one, then drawing up to three again. Then the game ends when you are out of action cards.

There is no win or loss in that, though, unless you figure out what number of treasure points you would need to win, or just play for high score.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would probably be a bit of fun, but some hero powers have an impact on opponents so they wouldn't be worth as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

We're pushing for one. The designers have addressed it at the bottom of this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1645496/introduction-treasu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Twietie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to push

We are already working on it. But there are still some other tasks to do concerning Treasure Lair.

We are designers from Belgium, so we are now busy with the translation in Dutch of the rules (done!) and the cards (in progress) This has priority.

I have already a concept, but it needs play-testing and Fréderic and I have to works things out. We want to present you a solid official solo-variant. This will take some time. I guess somewhere in January or February. But that is not a promise, only an intention.

You are right with your remark that some action-cards and hero-powers are meaningless in a solo-game.

You are free to post suggestions.I will read them open-eyed.

Anyway, thank you very much for your attention and interest in Treasure Lair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.