6,695 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Jaz
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a KS backer of MN:E and today I received an email in relation to ordering new leaders and heroes expansion tiles for the game. I haven't seen these expansion tiles mentioned prior to this email. It asks you to enter your CC details etc. I am just a bit wary of these type of unsolicited emails.

Can anyone confirm if this is a genuine email or is it possibly a phishing email?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid using Paypal and I am not in the least doubtful that this is genuine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Dastardly Muttley wrote:
I was a KS backer of MN:E and today I received an email in relation to ordering new leaders and heroes expansion tiles for the game. I haven't seen these expansion tiles mentioned prior to this email. It asks you to enter your CC details etc. I am just a bit wary of these type of unsolicited emails.

Can anyone confirm if this is a genuine email or is it possibly a phishing email?

I received an email from KS telling me about this...so I ordered it fully believing it is legit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaz
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your time to reply guys. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a European backer and did not get anything. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
I'm a European backer and did not get anything. soblue

I am too and got the whole works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Neubacher
Germany
Meckenheim
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the last email from MN:E on 29-Nov. It was Update #40. I saw nothing about new heroes.

Hmmm.

But I'm very interested in all kind of expansions to MN:E.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone share the email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul-Henri SEVE
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not receive anything either, except update #40. was this email sent by Academy Games ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard a notification jingle from my smart phone charging on the bedside table this morning. Half asleep, I bought the alternate heroes with a couple of taps and carried on dozing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaz
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BayushiKira wrote:

The email was personalised and when you use the link it goes to your own personal account. Further enquiry will need to be made to Academy Games I would suggest to allow you to purchase the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dastardly Muttley wrote:
BayushiKira wrote:

The email was personalised and when you use the link it goes to your own personal account.
Further enquiry will need to be made to Academy Games I would suggest to allow you to purchase the expansions.

Read the last MN:E update, Uwe actually conformed it's legal.

Must say I'm disappointed by Brutus as replacement. I'd rather had seen Sulla, Octavian or even Scipio Africanus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Dastardly Muttley wrote:
BayushiKira wrote:

The email was personalised and when you use the link it goes to your own personal account.
Further enquiry will need to be made to Academy Games I would suggest to allow you to purchase the expansions.

Read the last MN:E update, Uwe actually conformed it's legal.

Must say I'm disappointed by Brutus as replacement. I'd rather had seen Sulla, Octavian or even Scipio Africanus.

It's Brutus up to his old tricks, upsetting the status quo. It was another Brutus from his ancestry that got rid of the last king of Rome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions are real - Academy Games (Uwe) was selling them at BGGCON on a limited basis. They were also $20 then - so $14 seems more reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:

Scipio Africanus would have been great. It would've been neat to see a Roman leader farther away from the drama of Caesar's time. You could go back to the time of the Etruscan kings in one historical direction, or forward to, say, Trajan.

I'm not sure where we want to delineate the end of the ancient world, but since there's a Trajan's Market card in Atlas, I suppose at least that far.

It would be neat to see a two-player variant using Brutus and Caesar. Or where Rome's player changes leaders mid-way through the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To OP:
Guess you didn't see the previous thread, which discusses it.

There are so many Ancient leaders possible that I'm more interested in what his/her powers are in the game than who it actually is! But Brutus certainly seems a strange choice, as Marc Antony is the more popular and interesting choice for one of Caesar's "sucessor's," not to mention Octavius himself.

Now, can anyone tell me who the new alternate Atlantean leader Gadeirus is?

As for the end of the "Ancient" world, Richard Borg has come up with a new Commands & Colors game called C&C Medieval. Despite the title, it deals with the Byzantines, who he is saying used the new "medieval" military system--so it starts a new series from the older C&C Ancients game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:

Now, can anyone tell me who the new alternate Atlantean leader Gadeirus is?

According to my quick research, in Plato's version of the myth he's Atlas' twin brother, and also known as Eumelus. He and Atlas ruled Atlantis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, a twin brother! Well, as long as he has a different power...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.