Evolution: Climate» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeved cards and the insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Lazov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
Hello,

Let me first start of by saying I love this game from all aspects.
The box size and the insert are amazing BUT I decided to sleeve the cards and right away after first couple of cards I noticed they DO NOT FIT inside the insert sleeved.
After so much care and attention that was invested in this game and one of the designers being an ex-MTG pro, why design an insert that could not hold sleeved cards? There was plenty of room inside the box to make the card slots bigger to accommodate sleeved cards.

I will probably either not use sleeves (which bothers me a lot since the main component of this game are the cards) or will have to throw away the insert and come up with a solution of my own.

I am wondering how people handled the situation who like me want to sleeve the cards, what was your solution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vojnikMon wrote:
Hello,

Let me first start of by saying I love this game from all aspects.
The box size and the insert are amazing BUT I decided to sleeve the cards and right away after first couple of cards I noticed they DO NOT FIT inside the insert sleeved.
After so much care and attention that was invested in this game and one of the designers being an ex-MTG pro, why design an insert that could not hold sleeved cards? There was plenty of room inside the box to make the card slots bigger to accommodate sleeved cards.

I will probably either not use sleeves (which bothers me a lot since the main component of this game are the cards) or will have to throw away the insert and come up with a solution of my own.

I am wondering how people handled the situation who like me want to sleeve the cards, what was your solution?

I'm not an usual sleever, but for this game which is mostly card based, but also because we can add and subtracts card to change the gameplay (with KS traits, or other promo traits for example) I decided to sleeve this one. I use Fantasy Flight standard size sleeves (grey package) and the cards fit in the insert, tightly but they still fit. So I may depend on the type of sleeve you used, as they are not all the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Lazov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
Well depends on what you consider "fit". I tried both with ultra pro and dragon shield and they fit but are completely bent, which will not last long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I sleeved mine and the cards (including the ones from promo pack III) fit. It's a tight fit but a fit nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manhattan Reject
United Kingdom
plymouth
flag msg tools
Completely agree with you. I sleeved this and then had to throw away the insert. very frustrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vojnikMon wrote:
Well depends on what you consider "fit". I tried both with ultra pro and dragon shield and they fit but are completely bent, which will not last long.

I'm no sleeves expert, but maybe the Ultra Pro and the Dragon Shield are longer than the Fantasy Flight sleeves. Anyhow, with the FF sleeves, it works without bending.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved mine with FF sleeves and they fit without bending if I put them in a little slanted. There is plenty of room in there to put all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sleeved with KMC Perfect Fits (more-than-a-penny). They fit fine, though the total stack of cards overloads the slots. Though I am going from base Evolution adding Climate upgrade & have Flight. I saw someone who took the upgrade insert and stuck that in the base game box. That worked out well; I have the Climate cards & flight cards in the Climate insert and two stacks of main trait cards next to the insert--they fit just right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Here at the office we tested it with Ultra Pro with no issues. We even posted a picture to the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I sleeved my cards and there was absolutely zero problem with fitting in the insert, I didn't have to force them or angle them or anything. For the record, I used KMC Perfect Fits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milhouse .
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
NorthStarGamesBruce wrote:
Here at the office we tested it with Ultra Pro with no issues. We even posted a picture to the Kickstarter.

I have noted that the cards where 63mm x 89mm (with my old ruler, hoping the measurement is correct!)

What size are your Ultra Pro sleeves exactly?

66mm x 91mm
# 82689 or # 82667

or

64mm x 89mm
# 82712

or

62mm x 89mm
# 82962

I have never bought Ultra Pro Sleeves before so it's hard for me to tell if they are bigger than the size they mark on the pack, or if they are precisely the exact size… I have no clue!

Thanks in advance for the information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
MilhouseBGG wrote:

I have noted that the cards where 63mm x 89mm (with my old ruler, hoping the measurement is correct!)

What size are your Ultra Pro sleeves exactly?

66mm x 91mm
# 82689 or # 82667

or

64mm x 89mm
# 82712

or

62mm x 89mm
# 82962

I have never bought Ultra Pro Sleeves before so it's hard for me to tell if they are bigger than the size they mark on the pack, or if they are precisely the exact size… I have no clue!

Thanks in advance for the information!

I am not sure the part number, but the sleeves in our office measure 66mm x 91mm assuming I can correctly use a ruler (I like to leave a margin of user error in place).

Hope this helps!

Bruce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.