Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I started to play Pandemic Legacy with my girlfriend and we really love it! Unfortunately we are almost at the end so I am looking for something to play when we have finished it.
We would like to have a coop game that has the "legacy" aspect in it. We also do not play too often so I don't mind about replayability.
The last element that I am looking for is that the game should not be longer than one and half hour per game.
Does not have necessary be a legacy game but we like the evolution of the story.

I was thinking of something like:
T.I.M.E Stories
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
But I am afraid that are too much language dependent to enjoy it (none of us is English mother tongue).

Other options that I considered are:
Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Or something completely different but that I think we could enjoy like:
Escape Room: The Game

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bouvier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind a fantasy theme, how about Gloomhaven? It's still only a pre-order, but it should be out soonish, I think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the suggestion!
I just checked the game.
I don't mind about the fantasy theme but for us is not the best the fighting part.
I prefer something like puzzle solving/strategy than fighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would encourage you to give Escape Room: The Game a chance. The puzzles in that box are not heavily language specific. Based on the english in your first post, you would do just fine.

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is ALL reading. Reading in detail and reading for comprehension. You would probably be okay, just know what you are a getting into.

I would encourage you to check out The 7th Continent as well. It won't release until next year, but you might find it interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
time stories for the win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acedaryl1 wrote:
I would encourage you to give Escape Room: The Game a chance. The puzzles in that box are not heavily language specific. Based on the english in your first post, you would do just fine.

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is ALL reading. Reading in detail and reading for comprehension. You would probably be okay, just know what you are a getting into.

I would encourage you to check out The 7th Continent as well. It won't release until next year, but you might find it interesting.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sherlock Holmes is out of the list XD
This is the confirmation that it is not for for us... Too much text it is not a good option for us.
I checked the 7th continent and indeed looks interesting, but I would like to see more reviews. Let's see when it will be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
time stories for the win

It was my first option but then I start to doubt about it. I thought that is too much language driven... There is not too much text? Can you actually really "do something" and solve riddles?
Let me explain: I do not want a gdr, I would like to have a boardgame with an evolving story in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.