Subject: Question: When can we actually talk/discuss? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
So I know you can't share anything you saw in any sleeves without using the "share" action. But are there other points in the game where you can't talk? During the act, some of my friends would be like "I looked at that envelope, come to me so we can share", or during an attack, when people are being chased, some would say "come with me, don't go there, don't follow him/her" etc. Is there anything that says you can or can't discuss like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From other discussions here, it has become pretty evident to me that the game is played best without much talking at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot speak about locations or clues during the game. Any other talking is allowed. Saying "I looked at that envelope" or "Come with me, don't go there, don't follow him/her" is all acceptable since you are not stating a location or a clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just have to be careful, though, because some things seem to not be in the spirit of the game. We played one time where two players had seen both Clue 1 and Clue 2, so they knew who Klein was. Then one of them said, "Klein is the Cheerleader," and the other player agreed. I told him that he shouldn't say that out loud and he said, "You told me that I was not allowed to speak about locations or clues. The sentence 'Klein is the Cheerleader' doesn't state a location or a clue."

So in order to keep arguments like this to a minimum, we usually just don't allow much talking except for administrative stuff and social chit chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.