Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The effect of smoke grenade reads as follows:

Quote:
A tile hit by a smoke grenade is considered a small tile: it is easier to be stealthy on it

What does it mean "considered a small tile"?

I assume that entering a tile with a thrown smoke grenade will act just like entering a small tile and commandos will be stealthy if no enemies present. However does this also mean attacks involving that tile should adopt the 4+ odds to hit regardless of size?

Thematically I can see this being the case but wasn't clear how far to take this interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, judging by what was talked about for the smoke I always figured it was only for the purpose of remaining stealthy. It is a good point that the explanation does make it seem like it becomes a small tile in every way and it would make sense that it would then become harder to shoot someone in a smoky environment so the tile difficulty would shift from 2 to 4. Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
NutsAndVolts wrote:
The effect of smoke grenade reads as follows:

Quote:
A tile hit by a smoke grenade is considered a small tile: it is easier to be stealthy on it

What does it mean "considered a small tile"?

I assume that entering a tile with a thrown smoke grenade will act just like entering a small tile and commandos will be stealthy if no enemies present. However does this also mean attacks involving that tile should adopt the 4+ odds to hit regardless of size?

Yes, that's it: consider it as a small tile (for shooting any character on this tile too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Thibaud for your response and support to this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.