Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter backer survey is out, and includes a question about whether or not we plan to sleeve. Apparently the plan is that those who answer "yes" will get a slightly larger (deeper) box, to accommodate the sleeves.

Personally I'm not a fan of having 2 different box sizes, because it is likely to lead to confusion in the used game market. Although I'm not a sleever, I'm inclined to just go with the larger box, because it keeps my options open.

I started this thread partly just so those who aren't following kickstarter are aware, and partly because I'm curious how other people feel about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't seem like the best option to me, either. I answered the poll as "no plans to sleeve" before I knew it meant a change in box size. I had assumed he was collating all survey answers in order to make a universal decision whether to make the box large enough to accommodate sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson

Athens
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
It appears like John is doing this as a courtesy to those who do sleeve and at an additional expense to himself. Small Box Games is a small company. If you don't sleeve, it'd be stand up to answer the question honestly. Almost all of my SBG (and I have most of them) are stored in new boxes because most of the originals don't accommodate sleeves. I'm delighted that John is going the extra mile for his sleeve-obseesive fans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
As a diehard sleever and Small Box Games fan, I thank John for taking us into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it's great to accommodate sleevers.

What I'm not seeing yet is the benefit of offering a smaller box to non-sleevers. If it's half an inch less tall, that's not saving me enough shelf or bag space to be worth it.

My guess would be that it would be more hassle and expense to offer 2 sizes than to just make all the boxes bigger. If I'm wrong, then I can see how "being honest" about sleeving would help. At that point I would have to weigh being helpful against the knowledge that I trade/sell/give away about half the games I buy. I would probably choose the "sleeved" option, to avoid screwing whoever might get the game from me later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.