Hide
7 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: The Heart Flute Innovation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Awaited King
msg tools
I'm not gonna write what it does in case someone doesn't want to get a spoiler, but I would like to ask... why would anyone want to innovate and use this?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I see no reason at all to WANT one more fight with any Nemesis, as they are all VERY DEADLY and none of them gives particulary good rewards AND you have to fight them 1 level harder then before, so... it's never a piece of cake.

Am I missing something? I would see a value to have a special showdown with another quarry in the same year if you want more resources to prepare for what coming... but Nemesis?

And you can die from even trying to get this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Perry
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Heart flute lets you fight them at any level if you roll right. Late game it's an easy way to grind hunt xp and weapon proficiency and you can get some cool bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
OK, so in this case I can choose a lvl 1? Yeah... that makes sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
OK, so in this case I can choose a lvl 1? Yeah... that makes sense

Yup. There's a certain nemesis that, at level 1, has a pretty amazing risk/reward ratio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you might want the Mask Maker, the Butcher's Cleavers and you might want to grind The Hand L1 until all who survive (because he could very well be a sore loser ) get +LOT Acc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Another reason is to get the Lantern Halberd. That weapon is a tier 1 spear that can lay serious hurt down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
It's also a way to do two showdowns worth of XP on survivors in a single year, which is awfully appealing if you're trying to get weapon mastery before a scheduled fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.