Popular Tags: [View All]
Edko Fuzz
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

If I place an order at CSI including an item in stock, with a domestic destination inside the United States, how long does it normally take in your experience for the games to arrive?

Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure the biggest factor in shipping time is the distance the shipment has to travel.

For example, I live on the opposite side of the US from CSI. My most recent order looked like this:

Day 0: Order placed
Day 0: Order shipped
Day 7: Order received

In other words, CSI shipped immediately. But it took FedEx a week to move it across the country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you don't order on the weekend, I've had my shipment in the same week. 4 days, maybe even 3. I live in KY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order this Monday. It is arriving at my home in Nashville,
Tennessee today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crampton
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping usually does take a bit longer than standard retail or Amazon but not too bad if you aren't in a hurry. This time of year, they do get a little behind.

I placed my most recent order on Black Friday (11/25). I received a shipping confirmation/tracking info on Monday the 28th. Tracking is showing the expected delivery date of Saturday (12/3).

With my black Friday order, for example, my shipment should arrive in 8 calendar days.

Now, my other Black Friday orders from Fantasy Flight and Cardhaus are yet to ship.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered on Friday the 25th and had my order on Monday to NY with free shipping (which was faster than I expected... it was also packed very well, everything was great).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mentioned that it includes an item that's in stock.... that sounds like there may be items that aren't in stock on the order. If tha A the case then the order won't ship until all items are in stock...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.Daddy.Slim
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ihwarrior wrote:
You mentioned that it includes an item that's in stock.... that sounds like there may be items that aren't in stock on the order. If tha A the case then the order won't ship until all items are in stock...

yep.. and if it's out of stock, the expected in stock date might not be very accurate, especially if its a new game. And CSI waits til the last minute to update the date, even if they know they won't make it in advance. My order got held up 2-3 months beyond the original expected date, for Pocket Madness.

If everything is in stock, you will likely get the game 3-4 days after shipping.. at least in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edko Fuzz
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for all the replies. I am travelling to NYC but for just five days, so I don't know if it's worth risking an order to be sent to my hotel. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't started your travel yet. Order a couple days before your flight and just let the hotel know that you are expecting a package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edkofuzz wrote:
I am travelling to NYC

That's the piece of information we were missing. The US is a big country, and CSI is located in one corner of it, so your location in the US has a big effect on shipping time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would pay something for expedited shipping.

If you go with the free shipping, there's no promise they're gonna send it out right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would send an email to them from their website. Explain your situation and ask them whether you are likely to get the order. Ask them when you would need to place the order. you can also follow up with them if/after you place the order and they may give it a little extra care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Medlin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They changed their free shipping methodology about a year ago. I used to get the "free" shipping from FL to NC in about 2 days, sometimes 3 from shipment. Now it takes 5 - 7 days.

That said, I don't mind because they pack their games incredibly well which is a bigger concern to me.

I bought a game from OSG (Operational Studies Group) and it came in a box that was BARELY big enough to fit the game and thankfully it wasn't dinged up in shipment because ANY issue would have meant significant damage to the contents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I ordered on Friday the 25th and had my order on Monday to NY with free shipping (which was faster than I expected... it was also packed very well, everything was great).

For what it's worth, I am just outside NYC (indigopotter is further north), and the quickest I typically get my CSI orders in 3-5 business days. I suspect indigo got incredibly lucky with that turnaround time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JJRR_Esq wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

For what it's worth, I am just outside NYC (indigopotter is further north), and the quickest I typically get my CSI orders in 3-5 business days. I suspect indigo got incredibly lucky with that turnaround time.

They just like me better whistlewhistlewhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But yes, it was incredibly fast, especially given the holiday, the volume of sales, and the distance. Had it come today (Wednesday) it would have still been great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
My best experience with free delivery from CSI was to place an order on Monday morning and receive it in New Jersey on Thursday. Most of the time I order on the weekend and always get stuff the same week. Don't think its ever taken 7 days but if the order is going to the west coast it probably does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edkofuzz wrote:
Many thanks for all the replies. I am travelling to NYC but for just five days, so I don't know if it's worth risking an order to be sent to my hotel. Thanks again!

Having done this several times, order so that the packages arrive a couple of days before you, the hotel will have no issues holding onto them for you.

And if you're using a non-US credit card, especially if it's your first time buying from them, know that they may hold your order and contact you for additional information. They've always been very helpful once the situation is explained, but if you're in a tight schedule, call them or email them and let them know your particular situation, don't relax after placing the order online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Utah...every order i've gotten from then for the last 4 years has been one week. maybe an extra day if FEDEX wants USPS to deliver it (sometimes they do, sometimes they dont)... but one week seems the sweet spot for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.