Popular Tags: [View All]
michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks,

I have a rule document that I would like some eyes on before I submit it to be looked at by some publishers.

The game is a viking themed 4x. The document is only 7 pages long as I write this (and one page is a full page setup image)

If you want to comment inline, the doc is open to that. You can view the doc here

I am mainly looking for help with the wording (help make it unabiguous, gramattically correct, minimal, and sound natural). Though I mainly want wording help, feel free to comment on anything.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Edited and made a lot of comments/suggestions. Sounds a lot like Eclipse, but with Viking theme and no dice for combat. Rules are a little confusing, but I can get the feel of the game/gameplay from what you have there.

Edit: You note the game is a 4x, but it doesn't feel like there's much to "explore" since you place all the tiles at the beginning of the game. You don't note if the tiles should be face up or face down in the rules document.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're on Facebook, the Game Maker's Lab does a monthly rules exchange you might want to try...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gamemakerslab/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:
Edited and made a lot of comments/suggestions. Sounds a lot like Eclipse, but with Viking theme and no dice for combat. Rules are a little confusing, but I can get the feel of the game/gameplay from what you have there.

Edit: You note the game is a 4x, but it doesn't feel like there's much to "explore" since you place all the tiles at the beginning of the game. You don't note if the tiles should be face up or face down in the rules document.

Thanks! Your comments were super helpful. I have tried to incorporate as many of the comments that I could tonight, but I have to go to bed some time .

I agree with the comment about it not having much exploration. The tiles are all visible at the start of the game. I will remove the 4x part.

wombat929 wrote:
If you're on Facebook, the Game Maker's Lab does a monthly rules exchange you might want to try...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gamemakerslab/

I don't really do facebook, but thanks for the heads up. It could be useful to someone who does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con
mbmbmbmbmb
Have got this in an open window in my browser so I can continue making edits as I get time. My biggest suggestions are probably going to be incorporating the theme a little more, as well as some basic rules clarifications/grammar.

FYI: I've edited/contributed to the rulebooks for Bad Medicine, The Networks, and Wordsy for

Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.