The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are heroes' actions mandatory? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's a silly question, but I find it a bit unlcear: In our first game one of the heroes with one wound remaining was in a area with heavy Sin presence. He couldn't move,because that would kill him and there were no tokens to cleanse. Is he forced to fight in this case?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Freelunchpirate wrote:
Maybe it's a silly question, but I find it a bit unlcear: In our first game one of the heroes with one wound remaining was in a area with heavy Sin presence. He couldn't move,because that would kill him and there were no tokens to cleanse. Is he forced to fight in this case?

Thanks in advance!

From the rules (page 14):

"He may also chose to do nothing with his action."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In case of reactions, you have to split the answer.
"do nothing with his action" leads to, "he is always performing an action" but "he's just hanging around and enjoying the sun without performing anything".
I don't remember exactly because I have just played one full game but I think I remember a situation where this would have made a difference for the sins player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need to do an action as a hero but you do need to flip an activation token regardless, IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
You don't need to do an action as a hero but you do need to flip an activation token regardless, IIRC.

Yes, while you may choose to "do nothing with your action", you are still spending your activation token, regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
The important part here is that the sin player would still get to use a reaction if they wanted to, so if you were trapped in a big pile of monsters, they would still get an opportunity to attack you (assuming the sin player had any reaction tokens left)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks! I knew that I a missing something obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.