Hide
3 Posts

Codex: Card-Time Strategy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resist on multiple units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Ralter
msg tools
At level 3 Calamandra Moss gains the ability "Your units get resist 1 (Opponents must pay ① each time they would ◎ them with a spell or ability.)"

Is there a spell that "◎" multiple units? If so, would you need to pay 1 additional gold for each unit you target?

I have not come across this so I don't know if it can even happen. It came up as a hypothetical because Shuriken Hail (Deal 1 damage to each patroller) was played while Moss was out. Shuriken Hail does not ◎ so resist does not apply.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ember Sparks can target up to three patrollers. If they all had resist, I would assume you need to pay for each one.

Edit to add: Also relevant to Burning Volley, Bloodlust, Hallucination, Sickness, and Thunderclap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. If you try to cast Hallucination on a unit with Resist 2, and another unit with Resist 1 that's also in the Lookout slot (giving it another instance of Resist 1), you'll have to pay a total of 4 extra gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.