GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 131.3

7,715 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm playing the Local Heroes scenario and I managed to acquire the Ally in the Woods location but then failed horribly at the Wisdom or Survival 6 check. Does that mean I can now not attempt to close this location until it's been fully explored? Basically Ostog is so stupid he's lost there now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct; you now need to empty the location before you can have another shot at closing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Morris Tobin
United States
PEARLAND
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up against this situation just last week, and it comes up in some other unusual places, too.

If you fail a check to close a location, you have to "empty" out the other cards at the location before you can attempt to close it again. If there are no other cards, each character at that location can make an attempt on her turn. Hopefully something like Lem's ability or a blessing will come up that might help out.

Some advice is to "play to one's strengths": sending characters to locations that they will have an easier time closing. This is something my friends and I do at the very beginning of the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option in most scenarios is to chase the villain there. You might think it's easier to empty a location than to defeat a villain more than once, but in a 6-player game time is so tight you might choose the latter.

Unfortunately, in Local Heroes there's no villain, so you don't have that option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
medwards wrote:
You are correct; you now need to empty the location before you can have another shot at closing it.

AFAIR in this specific scenario every ally is a "henchman", so you should be able to try to close the location after each aquired ally again, as in locations with multiple henchmen in the stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Wolfram wrote:
medwards wrote:

AFAIR in this specific scenario every ally is a "henchman", so you should be able to try to close the location after each aquired ally again, as in locations with multiple henchmen in the stack.

Yes, the Allies are the "henchmen". Problem is, I drew the Ally on the first turn, completely failed to aquire it and then had to have Merisiel work her way through the Woods until it was cleared and then Ezren closed it. Won the scenario with three Blessings left...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
NikToo wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
medwards wrote:

Yes, the Allies are the "henchmen". Problem is, I drew the Ally on the first turn, completely failed to aquire it and then had to have Merisiel work her way through the Woods until it was cleared and then Ezren closed it. Won the scenario with three Blessings left...

I am offline gameswise so my information is scetchy at best.
Does "Woods" does not have allies at all? Just checked, correct. Bad luck, dude.

Strange to find no animals (allies) crawling in the woods ...
Snakes, bears, foxes, badgers, crows, ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.