Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"...there's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
mbmbmbmbmb
After my second play, I have some doubts:

Given that there are two "evil" decks (the plan deck, and the encounter deck), and that you have to add just ONE marker to the plan in each mythos phase (no matter if it's just one character playing or four), but you have to draw as many encounter cards as characters playing....

1) wouldn't that make the "plan" go much slower with more characters, since there could be 4 characters getting clues etc, instead of just 1 character? The plan advances just 1 marker...

2) couldn't we run out of encounter cards from the encounter deck? What happens then?

I'm sure there must be a good explanation to these doubts, thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but the requirements to push your act forward increases based upon the number of players, so it balances.

If the encounter deck runs out, just shuffle and draw from the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Heck, the Agenda actually advances faster with more characters, since you're more likely to draw Ancient Evil and Cultist cards that put more doom into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you may not be understanding the little 'per character' icon which looks like a guy in a hat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"...there's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Sounds like you may not be understanding the little 'per character' icon which looks like a guy in a hat.

no I got that makes sense.

What really didn't make sense was the idea of the encounter deck advancing so fast that it could run out. Now that I know you can reshuffle it again, I guess it makes sense too. Don't remember reading that in the rules though, but I'm forgetful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen

League City
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Encounter deck rules page 10.

There is some debate that more players are easier because of your observation. As stated in this thread some believe the clue tokens increase per player so there is some balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.